Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sad day

It looks as if I might have to sell my Jeep There is just no way I can continue to daily drive it and getting a 3rd car is not an option. I am very sad and pissed at the same time. I am still thinking of a way to keep it but its not looking good.

I am not sure if I am going to sell it out right or return to stock and sell off the mods then sell it.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

I think you posted this in the wrong thread, shouldn't this be in the Jeep Joke Trivia threads. What's up? Gas prices killing you like the rest of us? There's gotta be another option. Sell that cats

Tom

Comment

Even I would not joke about something this serious. Yeah gas prices are killing me. I can afford it but its killing my attempts to save for retirement and other things. I am also sure gas is just going to continue to get worse. It will dip down from time to time but its only going to keep getting more expensive.

The cats are non-neogiatable plus they are a lot cheaper to feed than the Jeep

I am still trying to think of options but few are coming to mind. Carpooling is not an option as I often have to leave on short notice to take my wife to the doctors.
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Sorry to hear this and I was just messin' about the cats, you know.

Tom

Comment

Dude, that sucks! Is there any way that you could take it down to stock, sell the mods, and keep the jeep? Even stock jeep is still better than no jeep.

Sorry to hear the bad news........

Comment

Originally posted by jeepmuddin247
            Is there any way that you could take it down to stock, sell the mods, and keep the jeep? Even stock jeep is still better than no jeep.
            Even at stock, the mpg is not that much better than what I get now (17 because its all highway/interstate) but I am thinking of it as an option.

Wife and I are going to talk things through tonight. She might have some angles I have missed.
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

get a used econo-box and keep the Jeep.

see you saturday... right???
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Maybe a motorcycle? I know that's not eveyone's bag, but, I'm getting almost 50mpg if I resist doing burnouts at every light. It kind of offsets the 10mpg or so that I get with the CJ. I try to do most of my "gettin' around" stuff done with it, if the weather is bad or I need to carry anything that won't go in the saddlebags then I take the Jeep. You might be able to pick up a used Jap street bike for a decent price. Just a suggestion, sure would hate to see you your rig.
                :gun: My garage ain't cluttered, it's just cozy with crap.

Comment

If you can spend a grand to 1500 on an another car it will be worth it. I would drive a pinto before I sold my jeep. The other car doesn't have to be spectacular. Just enough to get you to and from work and have a 4 banger with around 30 MPGH look for an old civic or neon. I am sure there is someone out there trying to get rid of one of those..

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                    Even at stock, the mpg is not that much better than what I get now (17 because its all highway/interstate) but I am thinking of it as an option.

Wife and I are going to talk things through tonight. She might have some angles I have missed.

How far is your drive to work. Maybe a dual sport. I knwo they more dangerous on the road but a great gas saver. I keep going back and forth about it. I only drive 10 miles to work though and dont have to take freeways
                    I love it......
                    Supe
                    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                      see you saturday... right???
                      Yes I will be there saturday.

Originally posted by TJSupe
                      How far is your drive to work.
                      90 miles round trip everyday for work.

A third vehicle of any kind is not an option, if it was I would not be in this dilemma. Besides not being able to afford another car payment + insurance, I literally have no place to put another vehicle, as in none. Where I live, can not park on the street either for any extended period of time. I need to stop DDing the Jeep not just cut back on it.

While a beater might make sense, I do have to have something dependable (do not want to pick up a vehicle that is going to require a lot of maintenance) with AC to go to work. Driving home with no AC when its 110+ is not fun. Did that for way to long to go back to that.
                      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

since the Jeep won't be your daily driver you can store it somewhere else.

two vehicles insured by one driver isn't much more than one. you can only drive one at a time.
                        myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

The D650H1 from Hayes (scheduled to start production last month) is getting 102mpg. They sound kinda funky....but imagine the looks you will get when you pull up to the diesel pump on a motercycle.....
                          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                            since the Jeep won't be your daily driver you can store it somewhere else.
                            You got room?

Originally posted by goodtimes
                            The D650H1 from Hayes (scheduled to start production last month) is getting 102mpg. They sound kinda funky....but imagine the looks you will get when you pull up to the diesel pump on a motercycle.....
                            I'd rather see the Smart for sale at dealers
                            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by locked94yj
                              If you can spend a grand to 1500 on an another car it will be worth it. I would drive a pinto before I sold my jeep. The other car doesn't have to be spectacular. Just enough to get you to and from work and have a 4 banger with around 30 MPGH look for an old civic or neon. I am sure there is someone out there trying to get rid of one of those..
                              i just sold my old honda 2 months ago...and starting to feel sorry that I did considering it cost me $45 to fill up the tank today...
                              03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Working...
                              X