Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbor Freight Bro!

Went to HF to get a welding cart I've wanted that just happen to be on sale for $39 but after doing some obsessive window shopping I came accross this utility cart that held a little more stuff and was on sale for $22.
    HF Baby.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

I'm going to Harbor Freight this week with a friend of mine.I've never been there before.
    "Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRtRE45OVQ

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
      I'm going to Harbor Freight this week with a friend of mine.I've never been there before.
      Like a kid at a candy store. It's great for little junk like my cart but as far as electrical stuff or safety equipment you might get what you pay for.

Comment

I bought 6 screw drivers for $2 there once. 3 had trouble turning their own handles (the blade kept spinning free in the plastic handle). But after all, the way I figure, I got 3 screw drivers for $2

They have some really great prices and cheap tools ... for getting back up tools to carry around in a jeep for example, it's an ideal place. Especially if you don't worry about leaving a sizable investment in the form of tools in your wide-open jeep, but still want to have a few tools to do basic repairs sometimes on the road.
        03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
        "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Be carefull for what you wish for. Harbor has been around for a while They are cheap because they shop off shore.

They do have good buys such as carts but when it come to tools you will pay for what you get. Nothing worse then having a cheap socket crack on the trail during a repair. And usually when something breaks off road its been bound up and requires some amount of force to free up.....

Originally posted by seapahn
          I bought 6 screw drivers for $2 there once. 3 had trouble turning their own handles (the blade kept spinning free in the plastic handle). But after all, the way I figure, I got 3 screw drivers for $2

They have some really great prices and cheap tools ... for getting back up tools to carry around in a jeep for example, it's an ideal place. Especially if you don't worry about leaving a sizable investment in the form of tools in your wide-open jeep, but still want to have a few tools to do basic repairs sometimes on the road.
          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
          WEB site

Comment

I hear ya ... my trail sockets are Craftsman. I meant more like hammers , mallets, pry bars, various screw drivers, straps, connectors, and what not. The things that I've liked most that I've bought from H-Fruit have been several small cloth tool bags with zippers. They are very handy in keeping various tools separate ... like I have a bag for OBA stuff, a bag for steering work (with pickle fork and tie rod puller ....), a bag for fixing flats and various glues and straps, another bag with just general purpose tools, a bag with zip ties, bungees, duct and elecric tape etc etc etc

Hmmmmm ... now that I think about it, I might have gone overboard with the bags
            03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
            "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

HF is good for HD jack stands and the 20 ton press. I usually do not buy hand tools from them.

Comment

Isn't HF like the Big Lots/Pic 'n Save of tool places? heh..

Comment

sure, but sometimes all you really want is something cheap. :yay:
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

$18 Baby!

So it came with an instruction manual and I thought I'd take a gander at it. Then I saw #13 and thought what kind of law suit did Harbor Frieght go through to have to state it. It read in bold letters "Do not operate creeper while under the infuence of alcohol or drugs". I could'nt stop laughing. How much damage could you do loaded, on your back, 2" from the ground. All I could imagine is someone trying to take a ride down a hill or something.

Comment

you know, harbor freight has its place
                      I do not buy anything I need to depend on there, like the before mentioned screwdrivers, but you can get some killer stuff there that you do not need to spend much money on, like the trailer dolly I got for 35 buckd, I can move my trailers out the backyard into the Alley and hook them up and not have to do sharp turns in the backyard screwwing up my yard
                      Tarps, dirt cheap at aHarvor freight
                      and stuff like that
                      However you get what you pay for, cheap
                      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
                      X