• Time
  • Show
Clear All

well said blaine.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by cjdirtbiker
      Nice response my friend. But you misunderstood my position. The drama-meter was rather more comical though.
      I didn't misunderstand in the slightest. I responded to the position you stated. If that's not your position, don't adopt it.

My comments were not directed at you. From your response it's obvious that you think they were.
      They weren't? You stated your position on the crappy way that you perceived that friends were treating friends in an attempt to shame them into acting in a manner befitting one of your friends with a touch of holier than thou tossed in. As one of Chris's friends, who, through circumstances beyond their control were unable to attend his party, how should I have taken it? I didn't see a specific exclusion.

I picked the wrong thread to post how I felt about how folks are treated. I've seen many others on the forums, including myself, overlooked because generally everyone has their own plans or ideas about where they're going on their weekends, their runs, and who they want to wheel with. Somehow that sounded like a slam to you, probably to others as well. I did not personally attack you, or anyone one else specifically. My fault if it sounded like that.
      Apology accepted. My wife and I wound up camped in JV last year 3 different times by ourselves due to schedule conflicts with out friends. That neither makes us better or them worse. That's life and sometimes it gets in the way.

I guess it's not a club. I keep getting confused about that!

It's extremely difficult to clearly express one's thoughts online as there is no emotion or body language to read. I tried my best to come 'open handed' and more as an appeal. My intention was certainly not to garner a response like yours. Hell, you can rant better than me!

The problem is you chose a bad situation to jump into. We are not happy that we had to make the choice between preparing for the Thanksgiving run and attending a friends special event.

We are spending from the Sunday before Thanksgiving to the Sunday after camped on the lakebed and running trails out there. We have friends flying in from Australia, MN, and driving over from Texas and possibly down from WA to wheel for the week.

When would you or Chris L have had me do the shakedown?
      I am Savvy.

Comment

I've seen many others on the forums, including myself, overlooked because generally everyone has their own plans or ideas about where they're going on their weekends, their runs, and who they want to wheel with.
        So is this about hurt feelings because people do not show up for runs you have posted? Maybe I am seriously confused here but that is what it sounds like. Last time I checked, no one here is mandated to go on a run that has been posted. We all pick and choose the runs we go on based on many things, including previous plans, distance to drive to the run, whether or not they feel like doing a certain run for possibly the 20th time and yes, who we want to wheel with.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

My comments were not directed at you (mrblaine).
          Ok, can you tell us who they're directed at, then? And don't respond with "the group," because there isn't just one here (since we're not a club). I think you've offended enough people here with your previous posts, and it would clear some things up if we knew what in the world you're talking about exactly!

Every statement you've made is completely vague yet slamming to this whole website that I, personally, along with many others, work very hard to keep online and of good quality. And you don't seem to want to quit. Is it us moderators and admins that aren't doing a good enough job? Or are you talking about each and every one of the 1,3XX users here? Please, tell us! I believe that everyone here has been incredibly inviting towards you (correct me if I'm wrong). And gosh, I am even one of your clients because of this website!

Either way, you need to get this chip off your shoulder, and I can't say I'm happy that you've chosen this public forum to do it in. I can't see any place where you or anyone else has been wronged or mistreated, including your Thanksgiving thread. Maybe people want to spend time with their families! The holiday season is a difficult time of year to plan things, which I think is an obvious statement, but I guess it needs to be brought to your attention.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Dear Sarah and MJR subscribers,

It appears that anything I say will be mis-construed, so please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding.

My intention was not to slam the website.
            My intention was not to offend "just about everyone".
            My intention was not to slight Blaine's or Eriks run last weekend. It does not matter to me when or where they go. Point missed.

I felt bad for how ChrisL's social event turned out, I can relate to that. I should not have commented on it since I wasn't aware of all the nuances of what had happened there. An open forum wasn't the place for it.

It's obvious that I lack an understanding of how people plan for events or how to fit in. I've been called an asshole before so I should know better. I have my clarification now. It's a shame that everyone has their feelings hurt, including my family's, because I opened my big mouth. I can't un-do that, my regrets.

I have misunderstood that this website is a forum, not a jeep club or a 'group'. I was interested in group runs and group camps like I have with my other groups. So I felt slighted that there didn't seem to be anyone that was interested in group runs, or that there weren't any plans for them, at least not publicly, and not regularly. I see that I was off-base for that, I was merely trying to prompt some interest. I apologize that I came across with a 'chip on my shoulder', that was not my intention.

I did enjoy the trips with the folks I did them with, thank you for that. And I did not complained about how I was "invited" or treated by them. If it sounded like I was complaining about that I wasn't.

I agree this was not the thread/forum to do this, and I apologize for that. Unsubscribe me and I'll pursue the other avenues I have available for recreation.

Best regards,
            Chris Brown

Comment

I agree this was not the thread/forum to do this, and I apologize for that. Unsubscribe me and I'll pursue the other avenues I have available for recreation.
              come on now....
              what is this all about. cant we agree to disagree? it has to be understood that this is a forum with people. people are not going to have the same schedules, the same interests, etc...
              to ask to be deleted is not really a good way to go about things. we have shared some great times together, and there will be other opertunitys to do so in the future. to het all in a huff over the lack of intrest in your thanksgiving run, or other runs that didnt fit other peoples schedules, or intrest them at the time is not really a good reaction.

i have probably made 2 plans for runs on this board... ever. one of which was a trip to the dusey. there wasnt enough intrest in the run on the dates i had availabe, and the run wound up taking place on dates that i couldnt make it. not the end of the world.

there have been runs, and adopt a trail things that you were directly invited to, and were not able to make. your schedule didnt allow it, or you had other things to do. not a big deal... everyone understands, and life goes on. there will be others.

i hope to see you retract the "Unsubscribe me" crap, and understand how all of this stuff works.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

You're right, it's hard to communicate via type alone, but I think you're being too hard on yourself. If you browse through the past trail runs forum, you will see there are quite a few runs that happened this summer on a regular basis, and there are quite a few that were posted, but never run because of so-called "lack of interest."

For example, the Adopt-A-Trail crew has ran the trail 4 times since July (about once a month), plus the pre-run which you were invited to and did attend. There was an official Trail Crew meeting and a sign build that we also got a few people out for. Jeri Lyn has a Cleghorn run coming up, and there are plenty of other people looking to hook up and wheel in the desert now that it's cooled off. There were also countless organized events this summer and just the other weekend was the Clash of the Titans picnic that only BlackZZR was able to attend from our group. I'd call that pretty regular since we're all not full-time Jeepers. Everyone gets out when they can, but no one can be everywhere every weekend. But my point is that I think there were plenty of opportunities to get out this year.

Many know about our unforseen events on Holcomb this year, so speaking for ourselves, Rick and I haven't been out quite as much. But at least the Jeep is getting fixed up for some winter runs.
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I say if he wants to go, let him. We will all go on breathing in and out without him.

Chris,

Don't read into my comment too much. I neither like you nor dislike you. I do not know you well enough to form an opinion either way. I am just saying it is a free country and if you do not want to associate with us, so be it.

Jason
                  The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X