I think Rick has one ...
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Forgot to mention they're $29
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Looks like a good deal.

I would not buy from Harbor Freight, unless they where the last place on the earth.

They had no clue at my local one, and would not get the manager to help me. They treated me, as though I was someone that had no clue.

It was kids working the counter also, and they where more interested in talking about their cars, and girls, then dealing with me.

So, I avoid them.

Navy-Jeepster
          Gold Digger
          Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
          Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Harbor Freight is fine to my knowledge here in Hesperia even though a friend of ours refers Harbor Freight as Harbor Fruit.
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

harbor fright

i wouldn't buy anything from harbor freight that has moving parts. i do have a set of cheap impact sockets and some other misc tools from there... but yeah... nothing with moving parts

Comment

buy a real one
                when your life is in the balance, the 20 bucks you saved isnt all that great
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                  buy a real one
                  when your life is in the balance, the 20 bucks you saved isnt all that great
                  I agree with Erik. I've had mixed results with HF - although I have a drill press I paid $30 for back when they were mail order only that refuses to die
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY
                  You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I kinda buy a few things from HF, like a dolly to move my trailer around
                    new wheels for my wheelbarrow
                    tarps for covering stuff
                    and a few things like that
                    but most stuff there is really cheap and does not last long. but then it is cheap
                    you really have to look closely at anything there.
                    censored for having an opinion

Comment

I think if you where to pay the extra to buy something from Sears, or a better name brand item, and it lasted 3 times as long, in the end you would save money.
                      Especially if the HF item broke, and you had to replace it 3 times over the same period.
                      I know sometimes the upfront cost is hard to take at times, but in the end, it is worth it.

Just my .02$

Todd
                      Navy-Jeepster
                      Gold Digger
                      Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                      Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

I bought a set of screw drivers from them ... out of the 6, 3 could barely turn their own blades when you turned the handles
                        03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                        "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

There are definately things that harbor fruit sells that are worth the little bit of $ they charge, but you have to be selective. For example, I bought a 50', 3/8" air hose, made with brass fittings and goodyear rubber hose....$4.99...nothing wrong with it. Would I buy a winch, or a welder, sockets, etc from them? probably not....
                          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                            been usin it 3 years, ZERO complaints.
                            I would like the handle to disconnect, but, I am gonna weld up that option.
                            One of my buddies used it, said it works better than his hilift.

thats my story and stickin 2it

CB
                            Tires, Gears, Armor, what else do I need for the Hammers?

Comment

My HF "farm jack" has served me well also. It works even after sitting in the rain all last winter/spring/summer, unlike Sarah's Hi-Lift. We had more problems with the Hi-Lift I think because the clearances between the pins and their bores are tighter on the Hi-Lift, so they're more finicky if you neglect to lube them. On the other hand, the real Hi-Lift feels smoother than the HF jack when you do lube it. Both of them work, and both can be dangerous in the same hi lift jack ways...
                              1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                              My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
                              X