Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the 8.1 Chevy with the Allison tranny. They can keep the damn Chevy, but the Allison tranny is awesome! Anything Ford makes will never touch it. I'm thinking Banks kit and some other doo dads . . . then we can race other motorhomes up the baker grade!
    Last edited by JeepGal; 06-05-05, 12:17 AM.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Nice motorhome! Congratulations!

Will you be able to trailer tow a Jeep behind the loaded MH or will you have to flat-tow? The GCWR is only 4K more than the GVWR.

I think I know where happy hour at the next MJR TDS is going to be!
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
        Will you be able to trailer tow a Jeep behind the loaded MH or will you have to flat-tow? The GCWR is only 4K more than the GVWR.

Beats me. We'll probably take the MH to a scale to see what OUR loaded weight will be. Then figure what we can tow. I'm guessing the numbers can be fudged a little.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I know whatever weight you dont actually use in the coach, can be used for your towed vehicle. So the heavier we pack the motorhome, the less we can tow.

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
            Its the 8.1 Chevy with the Allison tranny. They can keep the damn Chevy, but the Allison tranny is awesome! Anything Ford makes will never touch it. I'm thinking Banks kit and some other doo dads . . . then we can race other motorhomes up the baker grade!
            I know i will lose that one!! that 8100 with the allison is a great combo,
            Im not sure what banks makes for the 8100 yet, but I know the banks on mine (460) sure makes it run good, I also have the transpac control for it and i think the motorhome pulls better than my dually did with nothing behind it. The dually was stock (460) and when i pulled the the 27ft TT it was a dog even with the 4:11 rear end..
            The way bounder sets there weight dist up is great, when mine is fully loaded and my son, wife and I in it the weights are almost exactly as they post, and the ride even fully loaded is great also, no bucking or nothing
            04TJ, 4.0 5spd
            4" rough country springs
            Nth degree arms upper and lower
            1" Currie MML/BL
            Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
            33"BFG MT's
            Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Congrats!!! Very Nice!!!!
              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Pics of the new coach

Thats my Mommy and Daddy in the picture

Tam
                2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

sweet, I think that's bigger than my house.
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

very nice!
                    is the dog taking a crap on the floor?
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

ROFL!! Chris is so happy with his MJR tee and laptop! All I have to say is, I'm glad I"m FRIENDS WITH YOU TWO!! HAHAHAHAA
                      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                        Pics of the new coach

Thats my Mommy and Daddy in the picture

Tam
                        So, does Chris speak english around your folks??? Or does the F word flow freely???
                        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

That MH is soo nice! Congrats guys!
                          Supe
                          97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                          Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Congrats on the new coach!

Congrats, guys. This is the first time I've seen a post on it. Sarah mentioned it, but I hadn't seen this thread. You will get real spoiled if you use it much. My wife is ruined, she basically will just not tent-it anymore.

The Bounder is an upline coach from Fleetwood. Originally they were designed for dry camping, hence large tanks and high ground clearance. All the attributes you want when you're booney-ing it. The new Workhorse chassis is the tops in it's class. You and they will just love it.

We bought an '05 Itasca Sunrise, 32' with double slides on the same Workhorse chassis, last November. Maiden voyage was to Dove Springs/Red Rock for Thanksgiving. Yes, we love it. I usually don't mention it because it's almost embarassing. But this is our third unit over 5 years, moving up the ladder of luxury each time. And yes, it's nicer than our house. Flat screen TV's, DVD and home theater surround sound, lots of storage, solar charger, outdoor entertainment center, electric awning, leveling jacks, it's loaded with every option they offer. For anyone that wants to see what one of these looks like, there are pics on a yahoo search.

We flat tow our jeep, hardly know it's back there 'till you hit the grades. Driving the 5 speed tranny is kind of like a semi. I just shift down to third and it pulls about 45-50mph at 3500rpm. Level ground it mostly stays in fourth, fifth for speeds over 60 and down hills. The grade-brake is a neat feature, very helpful when towing. We get about 6.5mpg towing.

I use a Roadmaster Falcon towbar with Currie tow brackets on the front of the jeep. It is really easy to hook up and disconnect. I am not using auxilliary brakes (yet). I installed a trailer wiring harness with the four leads, ran it under the hood and back along the frame and up into the jeep's taillights. There I mounted an additional 1157 bulb socket so I didn't even tap into the jeeps electrical system for brake, turn, and running lights.

We'll look for you out there, let's do the motorhome 'wagon circle'! And yes, happy hours are terrific!

Comment

Working...
                            X