Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToddH
    Believe it or not, ACU-5 was one of the 1st places I worked as a defense contractor for Textron. After Sept 11th, I was asked by ASI (www.uav.com) to help them integrate the Hellfire missile system (I was an EOD/Ordnance expert) onto the Predator series of UAV's. I worked as a defense contractor there for almost 3yrs. Traveled to some "hot" places around the world during that time.
    But, believe it or not, I'm going back to ACU-5 within the next few weeks !! (Hopefully...)
    Active Duty: U.S.N.

ACU-5.....Been there since 1992 and i'm still there. Currently scheduled for deployment #6 in Feb. 06.

Been on the Ft. Fisher, Essex, Comstock, Anchorage, Germantown, Pelilui, Tarawa, and just about every other gator ship on the West Coast.

Ports: Australia (Perth, Sydney, Darwin), Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, P.I., Kenya, U.A.E, Kuwait, Bali, Korea, and a bunch more i'm sure i've forgot.
    Last edited by PondScum; 05-14-05, 07:31 AM.
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
    AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
    15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
    33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
    FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
    Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
    RE Hand Throttle
    Optima Red Top
    K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

USN '85 to '89

Served on USS Copeland FFG-25 and USS Cormmelin FFG-37 as a GSE, got out as a E5.

Was stationed in San Diego and Long Beach. Been to Pearl, Singapore, Bahrain, Dubai, Perth Australia and Melborne Australia, Fiji, Victoria B.C, and every U.S. port on the West Coast. Never made it to the East Coast.
      '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Served in the Navy from 1978-1992, then did a quick tour in the Army and I am now active Air National guard with 3 tours to the dessert behind me.
        [COLOR=Black]1961 Willy's CJ5[/COLOR] :cocktail:

Comment

Originally posted by TrAvELAr
          I did 2 cruises on the Nimitz. 95-96 and 97-98. Probably saw ya there, tho I lived on the flight deck, a bit aways from the reactors.
          Maybe... I left in March of 97 I think...

Remeber 'cleaning stations???' :censor:

Michael
          1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
          3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Originally posted by RUBICONN
            Remeber 'cleaning stations???'
            Yes. That was the gayest thing that Harms ever did. Not sure where you worked, but we were torpedoed by a sub during some war games because no one was at their duty stations during cleaning stations. I was the air listening to comms and they were talking about it. It was quite funny actually.
            Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd
              Lovely Puerto Rico (we were supposedly confined to base- but that's another story)

Which I'm sure I know nothing about! Sorry to :hijack:

We now return to regular programming already in progress!
              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

THANK YOU !!!

Just wanted to thank everyone that posted on this thread. Many folks out there don't understand the type of sacrifices we have made...or the pride we take in our service to our country.

Comment

USMC 94-01. I was an Aircraft Rescue Firefighter. 2 yrs in Iwakuni, Japan, Thailand x2 Korea x2, Phillapines (sp), MCAS Tustin, MCAS El Toro, MCAGCC 29 Palms. 29 Palms is the armpit of the country. I worked on an expeditionary airfield in 29 which is made of aluminum. Talk about hot.

Jason
                  The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Proudly serving now in Iraq! ARMY! been in for 14 years and been around the world a few times. 2x Korea, Bosina, Haitit, Germany (few weeks) And now Iraq! not including state side posts. I'm a 92F which is a Fueler and i was a 13B thats an Artillery man (cannon cocker) or Gun bunny we were called. I just deliver the fuel now.
                    75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

Comment

Originally posted by loop choke
                      USMC 94-01. I was an Aircraft Rescue Firefighter. 2 yrs in Iwakuni, Japan, Thailand x2 Korea x2, Phillapines (sp), MCAS Tustin, MCAS El Toro, MCAGCC 29 Palms. 29 Palms is the armpit of the country. I worked on an expeditionary airfield in 29 which is made of aluminum. Talk about hot.

Jason
                      You're right about hot! Back in '86 when I was between classes, I was on a work party that helped move the Camp Wilson (the expiditionary airfield) airstrip. It topped 130f one day out there. Completely insane heat. I disagree on the armpit thing though. I used to think Elizabeth, N.J. was the greasiest, slimiest stinky city but Trona, CA is the worst. Spend an hour there and you'll burn out all your nose hair. That town REEKS.
                      It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                      and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Marine, here, in case you couldn't tell by my SN

1998 to present, stationed at Miramar swinging with the nasty ass wing.

I have been stationed at: Camp Geiger NC, Camp Fuji Japan, MSG Det Cairo (or as I refer to it the worst place on earth), MSG Det Bangkok (Heaven!) for those of you have been to Thailand you know what i'm talking about haha. and finally Miramar.

Comment

Navy here, as though the sig does not give a clue.
                          Just promoted to E-8 this past month.
                          Have 21 years in.

Getting ready to change commands and work on the navy's newest airplane.
                          The F/A-18 Super Hornet. What a wonderfull airplane.

Thanks to all that have served, and those that are still serving.

Todd
                          Navy-Jeepster
                          Gold Digger
                          Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                          Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

USMC - Living the dream out here on the edge of the American Empire. Been with MWSS-171, 7th ESB, HQBN Truck CO 1 MARDIV, 2nd TSB, 2/1 and 1/5. Iraq all starts to look the same after the 3rd time.
                            -Carpe Weekendum

Comment

Amen to that brother. Assume you're with 1/5 now, as yours and mine are the only units to deploy 3 times (thus far). Keep your head down, heard ya'll have a badass sniper over there (enemy.) 3/4 CAAT here, and looking forward to rotation back to the word soon. Just a few more weeks. Just have to avoid our recent rash of suicide bombers. Pricks.

Originally posted by Patriot
                              USMC - Living the dream out here on the edge of the American Empire. Been with MWSS-171, 7th ESB, HQBN Truck CO 1 MARDIV, 2nd TSB, 2/1 and 1/5. Iraq all starts to look the same after the 3rd time.
                              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Yes, attatched to 1/5. Going to try to dodge the bullet in the spring for number 4, when 1MARDIV comes back out. Enjoy your time back in the stumps - not too far behind you.
                                -Carpe Weekendum

Comment

Working...
                                X