Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think it's official....bought our first house!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's official....bought our first house!

Been holding off on posting this as not to jinx it but we're buying a house in north Long Beach. Just closed escrow and waiting for the people to get out so we could start moving in. We're really stoked, our kids are going to have a back yard, we're not going to have to hide our dog from the manager any more and she's got a backyard too, we're not going to argue with the neighbors about the parking situation anymore (we got 4 cars(junkers)) and finally pay this mad rent in Venice beach to a landlord instead of investing it in ourselves. We're stoked.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

congrats!!! You will like it alot more than renting, Dont discount the arguing with neighbors about parking, I live in a culdesac and if I dont park a car in front of my house the neighbors freinds park there which takes up a place for my daughter to park...
    04TJ, 4.0 5spd
    4" rough country springs
    Nth degree arms upper and lower
    1" Currie MML/BL
    Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
    33"BFG MT's
    Lock-rite in the front

Comment

Thats great news paulhead!

About what you mentioned......I remember all them things so clearly when we bought our first house as if it were yesterday.

Im happy for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by avnative
        congrats!!! You will like it alot more than renting, Dont discount the arguing with neighbors about parking, I live in a culdesac and if I dont park a car in front of my house the neighbors freinds park there which takes up a place for my daughter to park...
        Congratulations! It's a great feeling! Make sure you do annual checks on your sewage, gutters, roof and pests and you will have a great house forever!

PS. Neighbors can be interesting, but for the most part homeowners are pretty friendly folks!
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

congrats, welcome to the never ending upgrade and repair cycle.
          Land of reveiwing bids and wondering ig the roof will make it one more year.
          Seriously though, It is nice to own and finally have a place where you are taking roots and building for your future

congrats again

Jim

ps. paint it purple and watvh the neighbors cringe
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
            congrats, welcome to the never ending upgrade and repair cycle.
            Sounds like a Jeep.

Comment

congrats man.
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Congrats Brosef!
                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Great news, congrats. NO MORE RENTING! When's the party?

Tom

Comment

got internet?

Well, we're in the new house. Man, talk about not planning ahead. Just got my internet and cable hooked up, feel totally disconected from life. When we got here they turned off the water main but luckily I found it so I turned it back on. Did'nt have hot water for 4 days(bathed 1). And it took us a bunch of truck loads to move. Learned my lesson, ol' cheapo me trying to save a penny found out how young I'm NOT! (back still aching)
                    Next time I move I'm definately paying some company to do it. But we're really happy here in the city of Long Beach. Got alot of stuff to do but I got to find time for a trip, I deserve it . If anyone is near me don't be shy and PM me I'm new to the area and would'nt mind a little help getting settled in.

Comment

congrats you are in, but please stand on the other end of the room till you get a bath. I can feel for you about the moving, I hate to move so much I would rather just stay where I am at. Well, my little house isn't that bad. But we have discussed moving once, just once, the conversation went like this: Honey have you ever thought that maybe a house built in the last 100 years might be nice as we would not have to be fixing everything all the time?
                      Yea that might be nice, tell you what, you pack everything up, do all the leg work to get everything handled, rent everything we will need, book a hotel for a week as we unpack and need somewhere to stay, and I will do it.
                      Ah, boy after looking around, I love this old house. nevermind

edit: I got to pay more attention to which screen name I am using, BlackZZR
                      Last edited by Beatrice; 05-13-05, 05:08 PM.
                      Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

Hey! Congratulations! That's great!

Michael
                        1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
                        3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

Pics of the house

So here are the pics of the house.....

If we squeeze the cars together we can fit three cars in the drive way and there's room behind the gate to fit my jeep and work on it.

The previous owner turned the garage into a room (moms future room?) so I only have about 4 ft of actual garage space in the front. My bro in law bought me a lawn mower and weed eater too.
                          Last edited by paulhead; 06-05-05, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Looks good. There enough garage for the tools and work space, coverage is over rated, wife usually gets that.

B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                              Looks good. There enough garage for the tools and work space, coverage is over rated, wife usually gets that.

B&T TJ
                              Speaking of wives.............
                              you got any butt left after today.

Comment

Working...
                              X