Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do apologize....

This seems like a better place for this.....

I am sorry for offending so many people with the event I posted. Here in IN there isn't much to do for trail rides. We have Badlands, Haspin Acres and Redbird all of which you have to pay to go. I hate mud, so I haven't been to Haspin or Redbird which is all they are...a bunch of muddy paths. Badlands has mud too, but they have a larger variety of trails.

I agree 100% with all of you on the model specific trail runs or gatherings, after all, they are all Jeeps. I bought the Rubicon model because I don't have the money to add lockers, gears, bumpers and all the other good trail equipment, not because it makes me better than all other jeeps. I've been trying to get my money together for almost a year now to buy some Rock-it Man bumpers, but crap keeps coming up and I have to spend it on bills.

With my small amount of off-road driving, I'm trying to get better and as I progress, the more difficult things I try. I've seen a number of Jeeps (CJ, YJ, TJ, XJ) that could run circles around these Rubicon models and those are the guys and gals I ride with because I feel I can learn the most from them. Someday, I'll make to Cali for an MJR run because I would feel comfortable doing the harder trails with a group that "knows" what they're doing instead of thinking they can "do" because of the model they have.

OK, OK, I'm done...to all that care, my jeep to me is nothing more than a TJ = to any other TJ, CJ, YJ (I've seen some mean ones), and XJs.

Carry on!!! No hard feelings here and I hope there aren't any hard feelings towards me
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

Hey Nate, Its not a big deal man. I think all those comments were not directed at you, at least mine wernt. Its more being pissed off at the "rubi-elitists" then anything else. If that adventure place e-mails me back and tells me that I an not welcome becuase I dont have a Rubicon, well they can kiss my bright, brown holey!
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by tjrubicon
      This seems like a better place for this.....

Carry on!!! No hard feelings here and I hope there aren't any hard feelings towards me
      It's no big deal. Like I said before, it's already been done to death.

At least you are a regular participant on the board unlike the doofus that sparked the last Rubi thread. I too think it would be cool to see you come out and join us, Nate!
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

I would qoute things, but my qoute button seems to have disappeared.. I figured the comments weren't directed right at me, but I wanted to let all you guys know I'm not one of the Rubicon only people. I'm a firm its a "JEEP" thing kinda guy no matter what kind it is.

jmbrowning: That's in the workings. I think work is finally going to pick up and stay consistant, so I can get these unexpected "where'd that come from" bills taken care of. Then it's all, save for vacation and hit the west coast...after I figure gas and all that out. 14 mpg, 2000+ miles=lots of gas Cause there's no way I'm going to head out there without my heap
        04 Rubicon
        4.5" RE Super Flex
        1" BL
        CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
        Currie Anti-rock swaybar
        35" el cheapos
        Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Chris, let us all know what they say. I'm curious as to how they are going to respond....and to make it easier since they will be in IN, they can kiss my bright, brown holey
          04 Rubicon
          4.5" RE Super Flex
          1" BL
          CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
          Currie Anti-rock swaybar
          35" el cheapos
          Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

I would qoute things, but my qoute button seems to have disappeared
            Use the "reply" link next to "edit"
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Hey Nate...I honestly didnt think you were a "Rubi-elitist". I was just sayin' that those kinds of runs bothered me It wasnted directed at you...Youre still our bud

Tam
              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

YAY!!!! I didn't think you were attackin me. I'm actually an "MJR elitist" I try to get everyone I meet to come sheck out the site.......the new guy, wreckless82, I referred him here
                04 Rubicon
                4.5" RE Super Flex
                1" BL
                CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
                Currie Anti-rock swaybar
                35" el cheapos
                Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

YAY!!!! I didn't think you were attackin me. I'm actually an "MJR elitist" I try to get everyone I meet to come sheck out the site.......the new guy, wreckless82, I referred him here
                  A rubicon is still a jeep! long may we jeep in our big wheel small wheel long wheelbase short wheelbase 4-6-8 stock or locked Jeeps. power to the (Jeep) people!

e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect social status, or financial resources
                  Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Hey, sorry about the Kahki Jeep comment, I will run with anyone, I love to wheel. My last few partners only made me pay them 50 bucks to let me hang around.

I wheel with a rover club alot, so that should tell you how I feel about mixed company
                    censored for having an opinion

Comment

ROVERS!!!!

Now we know why what you use your WINCH for!

Tam
                      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Personally, I didn't have a problem with the original post. If the organizers want to limit a particular event to a particular model, that's their choice. It's your choice not to go.

This business of "everyone gets to go/do everything" has gotten WAY out of hand IMO. Bear in mind that I'm an Old Fart - but I went on plenty of CJ-5 only runs when I had my -5, wouldn't have thought of showing up in anything but an FJ-40 when I went on TLCA events. I can remember when Jeep Jamboree was restricted to Jeep products only. Wasn't a big deal then - seems to be now. Why is that?
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY
                        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
                          Hey, sorry about the Kahki Jeep comment, I will run with anyone, I love to wheel. My last few partners only made me pay them 50 bucks to let me hang around.

I wheel with a rover club alot, so that should tell you how I feel about mixed company
                          That's cool. I wheel with anything myself, including those little bitty things called Sami's. Those guys are nuts
                          04 Rubicon
                          4.5" RE Super Flex
                          1" BL
                          CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
                          Currie Anti-rock swaybar
                          35" el cheapos
                          Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

I drive a rubicon and I was more than happy to have non rubicons (ahem Erik and ahem ahem Dukes) flip me back on all 4's and out of a pretty ugly situation I got myself into
                            03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                            "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                              Personally, I didn't have a problem with the original post. If the organizers want to limit a particular event to a particular model, that's their choice. It's your choice not to go.

This business of "everyone gets to go/do everything" has gotten WAY out of hand IMO. Bear in mind that I'm an Old Fart - but I went on plenty of CJ-5 only runs when I had my -5, wouldn't have thought of showing up in anything but an FJ-40 when I went on TLCA events. I can remember when Jeep Jamboree was restricted to Jeep products only. Wasn't a big deal then - seems to be now. Why is that?
                              Its more about that we (MJR) are not into the elisist BS. They can keep that shit.
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                              X