Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no more 35x16 MTRs???

just checked tirerack.com and one of my greatest fears may have come true.

no longer are 315 75r16s listed as an available MTR size.

a number of the other 16" MTR sizes are also missing.

may I suggest an email to goodyear from all those whom this may affect.

thank you for your time.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

goodyear's website still lists mt/rs in the 315 75 R16 flavor- hopefully they haven't discontinued them... i still need a spare! america's tire told me that they were on a national backorder as of 2-3 weeks ago.

Comment

a friend of mine has been looking for replacements for his wife's jeep for nearly 6 months.

i hope they really are just backordered.
      myJeeprocks.com

Comment

haha

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

The rumor I heard is that they are going to be producing that size again....should be available next month. Something about either re-tooling, or re-designing.......can't remember......
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
            The rumor I heard is that they are going to be producing that size again....should be available next month. Something about either re-tooling, or re-designing.......can't remember......
            why fix it if it ain't broke.
            myJeeprocks.com

Comment

15 inch tires have ben a standard for decades, but todays styles have pushed the sizes up 16s 17s up to and maybe beyond 22s.
              The less tooling the more profit in manufactureing, the less sizes the more unsold product sitting around in warehouses.
              I wonder if they may be sitting back and seeing which sizes are being ordered and consolidating the products to see which sizes may be cost affective to manufacturer. After all the end issue is profit.
              It may not be easy for those waiting, but if it means they do not make 20,000 tires that will not sell, then they can streamline and produce the sizes that sell.
              Of course other factors might be at hand also and I may be full of it

Jim
              censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                why fix it if it ain't broke.
                Because that is last decades way of thinking. The new way of thinking is something to the effect of:

"If it ain't broke, fix it until it is"

It could be as simple as a damaged cavity in the mold.....they could be "retiring" a old machine and have to modify the molds to work in the new machine (or even make new ones). They could be building a new plant, or re-organizing their existing facility, so the machine they run that size on is being moved......there are any number of reasons for one particular size could be in short supply for awhile (we have similar issues in plastics.....other plants "borrow" our molds, molds wear out, they break, machines crash, etc).

I doubt they would discontinue one of their more popluar sizes, particularly when the trend is going away from the flotation size tires and towards the metric sizes. Of course, I have been wrong before.....
                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

response from gy...

Thank you for contacting our web site.

The Wrangler MTR in size 315/75R16 load range D has not been discontinued. However, at this particular time, this particular tire is
                  currently in a back-order status. We do not have records of dealers' inventory, and would be unaware of this tire being available for
                  purchase at a specific tire dealer.

We currently show an estimated promise date of May 12, 2005 for this tire. This means manufacturing plants will make every reasonable
                  attempt to have tires shipped to warehouses by this date, but is by no means a date of guaranteed availability. Please contact your
                  local authorized Goodyear tire dealers after this date to check on updated availability status of this tire. You can locate your
                  nearest authorized Goodyear dealer by calling 1-800-466-3932 from a land based phone or using our retail locator on our web site
                  (www.goodyeartires.com).

Sincerely,

Eric Kulton
                  Consumer Relations

sometimes it nice to be wrong.
                  myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                    response from gy...

sometimes it nice to be wrong.
                    well that's good news hey brian- if i get a flat on the Calico run, can i borrow your spare? :yawn:

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
                      well that's good news hey brian- if i get a flat on the Calico run, can i borrow your spare? :yawn:
                      rent???
                      myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Christ! What a fest

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

The word I got from America's Tire the last time I was in there getting one of my BFGs replace (no comments please) was that the 35" BFGs were then on backorder for the past 4 months. Apparently, the manufacturers make single runs of each model at a time, such that if a period of high demand for a specific tire depletes inventory, it may take them 6 months to get round to that model of tire again...
                          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
                          X