Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CONTEST #2: What's the first thing you did when you bought your Jeep?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaffa
    Next thing out of his mouth was for me to go to the office because I have violated the "Zero Tolerance" policy. Now normally this isn't that big of a deal. Normally I can talk my way out of situations like this. This was different, this was serious. Apparently my english teacher, along with a majority of the administration thought that the sticker "Detroit Locker" was a gang emblem representing the "Detroit Lockers." :confused: What the hell? Anyways, after a full day of argueing(and a lunch period spent in the office), they call in the vice principle that deals with the final decisions on the policy. She simple laughed, sent me on my way to work and validated my story with the rest of the faculty. Turns out, she drives a yellow Wrangler.
    That's the funniest story I've heard in a while.
    What's the gang sign for the "Detroit Lockers"? HAHAHAHA!!!
    Friggin' vice principle saved your butt, a fellow jeeper, cool.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

first thing i did to it was a new catalytic converter! WOO HOO!

second thing was for it, i started piecing together my offroad kit. tire plug kit, strap, stuff like that.
      If it works, it's time to try something new

Comment

went to home, took the top and doors off...........next day went to Loop Chokes and ran Gold Mtn.........we broke her in good !!!

Comment

First off, Tom bought the Jeep when we were still dating. The dealer in Carlsbad showed us how to put the top down and after that he drove it home (his home at the time) in Moreno Valley. The next day we took it to the exit just south of the Lenwood Mall and drove it up the steep hill and said, Sh*t where's the trail?? We couldn't see it until we stook our heads over the side. My knuckles were white on the Sh*t bar, Megan is crying wanting to go home. Then we make it to the top, we get out and said, "AWESOME let's do it again!!" With Megan crying we decided not to. Then the next weekend we went again.
          1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
          Glad to be back in California!

Comment

I drove mine around for like 5 hours then I got home and was trying to figure out how to put the top up because it was going to rain. While struggling with the top, some dude trolling the parking lot in his YJ stopped to give me a hand. We put the top up, took it down and put it back up again so he knew I could do it on my own. Then we went to B-Dubs for some wings and beers.
            Erik

I fix things.

Comment

well, after a lot of searching i found a jeep that i could afford.
              it was an 88' wj that had been next to a building that had burned down.
              i drove out to west hollywood to take a look at the jeep, and see just how bad the damage was on it.
              the guy selling it had purchaced it new, and drove the hell out of it all around hollywood.
              it ran nice, but the whole interior was wasted. it needed new everything. also, everything plastic on the outside passenger side was melted,a nd drooping.

anyway... i made the deal with the guy, but couldnt take delivery until 3 weeks later. he wanted to hang on to it until it was time to leave the country.

when i finally took delivery of the jeep, and was driving it home on the 405 freeway, i had experienced DEATH WOBBLE for the first time. it scared the living shit out of me, and of course i thought "what in the hell have i got myself into"?

the mods began immediately. first was the wasted interior, and melted parts.. then everything needed to get it on 33" tires.
              the bug bit hard, and i had to keep feeding it.

not long after.. i bought a 95 yj, and geve the other one to my wife.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Wow, it's been really fun to read these stories, maybe we can archive this thread in the features section or something ... but for now, be sure to get your story in if you haven't already!! Mods will select the winner tomorrow
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Huh....3 minutes left...

The first thing I did was go back to work since I was still on the clock. I told the boss I had to go pick up a part for one of the turret lathes....I came back with a new jeep and no part for the lathe. He was pissed. I had to buy him a beer to get him to see the humor in it......of course, he gave me a hard time when I submitted my milage report for that month....
                  olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

HEY!!!! The forum clock is two minutes fast!
                    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

First thing I did was answer my wife, "Is this really what you wanted?" "No but the Boxster or M3 was not pracital." This was during my first of many to come mid-life crisis. I wanted a convertable and remembered how much fun I had in my 20's wheelin' w/our 4x trucks so a Jeep it was. I had no idea of what I was getting into, there's a whole of culture and history that goes with a Jeep and a bunch of good people too. No regrets or disapointments and sharing the experience with my kids, they love it. Maybe I'll get that fast sports car during the next crisis, can't wait.

Cheers, B&T TJ havin the time of my life!

Comment

CONTEST WINNERS
                        KAFFA AND NEW JEEPER TIED FOR FIRST!
                        I'll contact you this weekend to make prize arrangements.
                        Congrats! and thanks to everyone for playing.
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hey that's really awesome...I really loved reading all the stories, they were really great!
                          The Grim Jeeper

Comment

Congrats on the win
                            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Working...
                            X