• Show
Clear All

• To HOG or not to Hog

Sooooo tempted - Sooooo Close

Fat Boy?

Going looking Saturday-
    Kirk
    1997 Jeep Wrangler

I wouldn't, but that's just my opinion. A buddy of mine got a brand new 04 last year and has had nothing but problems with it. If I remember correctly, you had a Busa in your garage pic from a thread a while back, with the best color scheme they have had.

But if you're gonna keep the Busa and have the Hog as an extra, then yeah go for it.

I regret selling my Busa every day
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

Get a hog. I rode my brother's softail back in cheyenne and have been drooling since.
      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

The Busa is not going anywhere - LOVE that bike
        Kirk
        1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

[COLOR=DarkOrange]It needs a Harely beside it though.[/COLOR]
          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Buying a Harley is like admiting you have no life.
            Look at who you will be riding with, a bunch of guys stuck in go nowhere jobs, trying to impress thier 40 year old divorced secretary. wearing 1000 dollars of harley approved leather so they can look as bad as the bandits in the movies.
            Even on the harley website, under the corperate letter they admit thier ownership is guys close to 50 and older.
            They get on the things, ride 5 miles to the local watering hole, sit around and discuss chorme trim for 4 hours and ride home
            Get a real Bike, Like a 1200 cc Kawasaki. (shameless plug for his Kawasaki ZZR) and ride 200 miles plus a day, get off with a smile on your face, find out what realiblity is, and enjoy a bike designed since 1938.
            triple digit horsepower instead of 58 paltry ponies.

I do not mean to offend anyone with this post, but I have
            censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
              Look at who you will be riding with, a bunch of guys stuck in go nowhere jobs, trying to impress thier 40 year old divorced secretary. wearing 1000 dollars of harley approved leather so they can look as bad as the bandits in the movies.
              Even on the harley website, under the corperate letter they admit thier ownership is guys close to 50 and older.
              They get on the things, ride 5 miles to the local watering hole, sit around and discuss chorme trim for 4 hours and ride home
              Get a real Bike, Like a 1200 cc Kawasaki. (shameless plug for his Kawasaki ZZR) and ride 200 miles plus a day, get off with a smile on your face, find out what realiblity is, and enjoy a bike designed since 1938.

I won't dis Kawis. I had one in high school and it worked. But there comes a time in a man's life when he needs to step up to a real piece of american steel. And I will tell you this. There is NO comparison to how I felt on the Kawi and the Harley. You feel so much better on a Harley. Come to think of it the Kawi makes me feel like a pretty girl with a pink bow on my head. You can keep your Kawi, I am sticking with not only an awesome piece of american tradition but a head turner.
              And as for the whole 50 and older thing? BullShi*t! Been to Sturgis?
              [color=grey]Ryan[/color]

Comment

Thanks, I plan on keeping the Kawa, and about that good old american Iron. Harley is no longer able to advertise that it is made in America because it has so many parts that come from offshore. once you are down to a point, you have to take that moniker off, and they have, they are now assembled in America. Jap susspension, german electronics, canadian sheet metal
                Head turning? I did not buy my Kawa because I wanted to be seen on it, I bought it to ride.
                Now can't we just all get along?

Edit: yes I have been to Sturgis, and seen all the sites, and all the fights, and all the old women parading what they souldn't have.and lines of Harlewys PARKED as their riders discussed chrome and drank beer, afraid to ride bacause someone would take thier parking spot of thier trailered in Harley

now go to the Harley web site, look under company info, scrool down to demiographics and look at this chart, it is labled Medium age
                it states the ages of owners in the last few years, oh it is getting over 45, or as I stated nearing 50, Plus under the finacial letter it states they have added over 1300 new accessories. So everyoine can deck out their bikes and bodies with HD labeled items

Link to graph page http://investor.harley-davidson.com/...bmLocale=en_US
                Last edited by blackZZR; 03-26-05, 01:16 AM.

Comment

uh oh... sounds like someone is hitting the crisis stage j/k
                  harleys are cool, but just dont turn into one of those people that has to have the loudest pipes on the street.
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

You are realy full of crap. There are some pretty successful people riding harly's.
                    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Thanks, I plan on keeping the Kawa
                      Couldn't afford the Harley huh?

Buying the bike you want is no different then buying the sports car you want. He's buying a Corvette, and you're driving the Civic Type R for example.
                      You each got what you want. So why piss all over his choice?

Besides, everyone knows you should ride this

I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                        You are realy full of crap. There are some pretty successful people riding harly's.
                        Be nice AL. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

If you are really looking into, I am good friends with the manager of the Harley shop in Palm Desert. She might be able to hook you up with a deal or at least not rob you blind
                          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

from what i heard, the way to get a deal on a harley, or what makes it a deal is how long you have to wait for the bike.
                            i am not too into them yet, but may want one down the road to park next to the corvette, or whatever other mid life crisis vehicle i decide on
                            my neighbor has really turned me off from harleys. especially the very loud pipes his pile of junk has on it.
                            he is wrenching on that bag of garbage waaay more than i do on my jeep, and he is doing it just to keep it moving.... no upgrades.
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by RatherBeJeeping
                              Couldn't afford the Harley huh?

Buying the bike you want is no different then buying the sports car you want. He's buying a Corvette, and you're driving the Civic Type R for example.
                              You each got what you want. So why piss all over his choice?

Besides, everyone knows you should ride this

couldn't afford the HArley, what a joke. come over to the house, and see the toys, and look at the titles for them all. I could afford the Harley, I just don't want one.

the funny thing is, you take the majority of the people, they want to be just like each other. No matter what they buy. Hey remember beanie babies, saw thousands spent on those.
                              You take someone who IS NOT afraid to express an opinion, and everyone says he is full of crap.
                              This is why only 2 percent of America makes over 120 thou, because they do what everyone else thinks is stupid.
                              And the rest run like dogs to be the same
                              Next time you accuse someone of not being able to afford something, you should check his portfolio first.
                              I expressed an opinion, I am entitled to do so, I let everyone else express thiers.
                              but calling someone full of crap, or accusing them of not being able to afford something is Childish and ignorant.
                              personally, My wife drives a chrysler 300M 2004, a 37,000 dollar car
                              I owe less than 10 gs on it
                              I have a 04 tj, I hold the pink on it
                              I have a 03 Kawasaki ZZR, I hold the pink on it
                              My house is Listed historic, and is worth over 350 gs, I owe less than 90 thou on it
                              Oh most guys with harleys finance them, I paid cash for my Kawa

why, because I make enough to pay cash for stuff

once again, I said, I notice that people trailer their harleys to sturgis
                              they sell them as 4 years old with less than 10 thousand miles on them
                              the demiograghics posted by harley is that the owners are medium age of over 45
                              the have 58 ponies stock
                              and that jap bikes get the piss riden out of them
                              do not break down much
                              usually have triple digit HP ratings
                              are made of MODERN alloys and the one you buy tomorow will probably have been designed in the last 5 years

I fell that harley is a very intellegent company, they are selling mid 1900s technology for twice what the competition is selling 2000 era technology, and making millions off of Harley licensed merchandise that everyone is trying to out wear each other with, I would never wish it to change, I hold over 20 grand of Harley stock and it pays a nice premium each year.
                              but their bikes are peices of S--t and for some reason everyuone who WANTS to GET NOTICED buys one.
                              I do not need to get noticed

PS that bikeyou claim I drive is a Beemer, nice ride, I own a ZZR, Look in my gallery and you will see it
                              Last edited by blackZZR; 03-26-05, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X