Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossed over to the dark side...

Well after years of dogging Macs I now am the proud owner of one. This thing rocks! I got it because I am getting my associates in graphic design and want to be more diverse. Now I don't know if I will ever go back to my pc.
    [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Rawk On!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!
    What did you get?

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
    :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:

And just to warn any of you non-believers out there --- before you start in ...
    MJR IS MADE BY MAC! hehe
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I got a mac mini! It got a G4 processor and I upgraded the RAM to 1GB. I have to say I really impressed. The graphics are sooo much better!
      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

:poop:
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
          I got a mac mini! It got a G4 processor and I upgraded the RAM to 1GB. I have to say I really impressed. The graphics are sooo much better!
          Graphics are sooo much better than what or as appose to?

Just wondering.

Comment

*gag*
            Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by TrAvELAr
              *gag*
              Is that what you're doing in your avatar? HAHA

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                Is that what you're doing in your avatar? HAHA
                Bite my shiny metal ass...
                Erik

I fix things.

Comment

The graphics are sooo much better!
                  Better than what? Macs generally come with higher-end video cards and monitors compares to what you get on a PC. Its like wheeling a Kia Sportage then going to a Wrangler. Of course its going to be better
                  Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                    Better than what? Macs generally come with higher-end video cards and monitors compares to what you get on a PC. Its like wheeling a Kia Sportage then going to a Wrangler. Of course its going to be better
                    I'm sure he means better than a "PC." And it's true, Macs are awesome for high end graphics and multimedia. Ryan, if you need any Mac tips let me know.

Comment

"Another One Bites The Dust...."

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Mac. Notice those that don't have one don't like em. Humm, wonder why.....They don't have one, yet.

"Movin' On Up..." from the dark side.

Cheers, B&T TJ

Comment

Guys,

Not knocking the Mac and yes macs(gag)are great when working with graphics but thats about it.Everything else....the PC does it better.

Another thing,graphics are only as good as your videocard/monitor.I can most likely assume you compared the Mac to them crappy HP/Compaq/E machine deals one gets at Best buy.Ever notice they never come with high-end GPU's?

When the G5 2.5 dual proc. came out they ran them up against a P4 Extreme Edition(single Processor) PC.In the end,G5 numbers were just slightly higher on most but not all benchmarks.Whooopy!

MAC also cost about 2 times the price of a high end P4 or AMD with a better videocard then the G5.

Also G5's come with NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra's/ATI's Radeon 9600 XT/9800 XT with 256MB of DDR SDRAM.I hate to be the one to tell you but them card arent as fast/good as PCI-E cards for pc's.

The G5 is getting old and slow compared to AMD's 64-FX processors on SLI motherboard,and yes the G5 is still more expensive.

Overall PC is a better buy,So no thank you....im a gamer and i'll stick with what i got.I'll spend the money i saved(by buying a PC).on my JEEP!

Go ahead and flame all you want Im sticking with PC's

Peace

Comment

im a gamer
                          It seems only gamers really know about how good PCs can be on graphics I do love my Radeon X800 XT PCI-X on my View Sonice VP201, I'll take it over a Mac any day.

As a side note, didnt Adobe drop a lot of their development for Mac?
                          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by mischifdad
                            Guys,

Not knocking the Mac and yes macs(gag)are great when working with graphics but thats about it.Everything else....the PC does it better.

Another thing,graphics are only as good as your videocard/monitor.I can most likely assume you compared the Mac to them crappy HP/Compaq/E machine deals one gets at Best buy.Ever notice they never come with high-end GPU's?

When the G5 2.5 dual proc. came out they ran them up against a P4 Extreme Edition(single Processor) PC.In the end,G5 numbers were just slightly higher on most but not all benchmarks.Whooopy!

MAC also cost about 2 times the price of a high end P4 or AMD with a better videocard then the G5.

Also G5's come with NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra's/ATI's Radeon 9600 XT/9800 XT with 256MB of DDR SDRAM.I hate to be the one to tell you but them card arent as fast/good as PCI-E cards for pc's.

The G5 is getting old and slow compared to AMD's 64-FX processors on SLI motherboard,and yes the G5 is still more expensive.

Overall PC is a better buy,So no thank you....im a gamer and i'll stick with what i got.I'll spend the money i saved(by buying a PC).on my JEEP!

Go ahead and flame all you want Im sticking with PC's

Peace
                            I of all people know this can be a never-ending argument. What it boils down to in my opinion is yes, you are right, the Mac is specialized for graphics (and multimedia) and PC's are specialized for office environments, gamers, and well just about everything else. Look, argument averted!

And then the graphics debate: The real differences between MAC and PC graphics can probably only be seen by professionals. Last Photoshop time test I saw, Mac whomped the PC. But since most of you don't use Photoshop every day, you think, "Who cares!?"

Another neat tidbit is that the Mac mouse actually changes behavior when moved slowly or quickly. How great is that for drawing!!!

It's the little things that matter to the design freaks like me. :2:

Comment

I thought you were going to say you got a YJ. JK

The macs are cool. It's like having squares or circles. Squares just aint right. Circles, they are alright. heh

Comment

Working...
                              X