Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is not an argument anymore ... MACs used to be user friendly, reliable, well designed, etc etc because of the strict control (i.e. limitations) they put on all their hardware/software which you definitely ended up paying for $$$... now they are nothing but over rated fancy-shmancy looking expensive paper weights

Oh yah ... that's right ... I dissed the mac .. so BRING IT ON :gun: :shout: :tongue:
    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Originally posted by seapahn
      It is not an argument anymore ... MACs used to be user friendly, reliable, well designed, etc etc because of the strict control (i.e. limitations) they put on all their hardware/software which you definitely ended up paying for $$$... now they are nothing but over rated fancy-shmancy looking expensive paper weights

Oh yah ... that's right ... I dissed the mac .. so BRING IT ON :gun: :shout: :tongue:
      ok, don't make me lock this thread
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Only some one that truly knows PCs are better than Macs but won't admit it would lock this thread
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I'm surprised my account is still active
          03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
          "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

hehe, your punishment will come when you least expect it
            it could be NOW .... or NOW! but it's not. so you're lucky hehe

Comment

All I know is it's just better... for what I need to do anyways. :shout: :cocktail: :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :haha: :thumbs_up
              [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
              [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

:poop:
                [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                  The real differences between MAC and PC graphics can probably only be seen by professionals. Last Photoshop time test I saw, Mac whomped the PC. But since most of you don't use Photoshop every day, you think, "Who cares!?" :
                  "Whomped" a little overstated perhaps?

Did a google search and the first link was this one.Notice the date on the review.HAHA!

clicky--->G5 vs PC

clicky--->benchmark results

Bummer....even after having my daughter read the articles she insist that macs are soo perty and still wants a PowerBook G4.

GEEZ! Woman...I just cant win

Comment

GPU, CPU, disk access, cache, RISC, CISC, multithreading, video paging, blah, blah

It's all about the apps. I use the OS that has the support of the developers to run the programs I need. Mebbe it's XP, Linux, or mebbe it's the Mac at the rent-a-computer lab.

just my $0.04 (corrected for inflation)
                    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

And I thought it was good that it had a keyboard.

I like macs, started out on them, but unfortunately the world I live in,(work atmosphere) uses pcs and thats what you get issued as a laptop to carry in the feild. I have even offered to buy my own but they do not want to deal with compatibility issues. I said WHAT issues, but it is up to our network admin I guess. he states that with 26000 employees, they cannot start something new just for a few. Humm.
                      I pointed out with 26000 employess less than one fifth even use a puter, He got kinda touchy about that. I guess he points out to his boss the 26000 not the 5200. And I beleive that figure is high.
                      Anyway so I am stuck in a PC world and dealing with it.
                      After all for typing in reports, and a few other items, what does it matter what I use as long as it has a spell checker to correct my lousy mis keying as I type. I mean I spend 7 hours a day pointing things out to people and 30 minutes typing.
                      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by mischifdad
                        "Whomped" a little overstated perhaps?

Did a google search and the first link was this one.Notice the date on the review.HAHA!

clicky--->G5 vs PC

clicky--->benchmark results

Bummer....even after having my daughter read the articles she insist that macs are soo perty and still wants a PowerBook G4.

GEEZ! Woman...I just cant win
                        Cool find - it's about time they passed the Mac actually, with so many people developing for PCs I'm really not shocked. Even though, I think it will be a long time before the graphics industry standard changes over to PCs, if at all.
                        Last edited by sarah; 03-27-05, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                          Cool find - it's about time they passed the Mac actually, with so many people developing for PCs I'm really not shocked. Even though, I think it will be a long time before the graphics industry standard changes over to PCs, if at all.
                          Its happening as we speak. Here at the DHS AMOC facility we use Dell Pentium4s to display radar coverage and detailed maps of CONUS and its surrounding air/sea areas. However, despite moving to an Intel based platform we still use a Unix-based OS. Most critical systems will remain on Unix based OS's for the immediately forseeable future due to reliability, scalability and cost efficiency.
                          It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                          and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Working...
                          X