Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas prices!

I found this to be an interesting read on Gas Prices...

Seems as if we've actually got it pretty good right now.

So why does it hurt so much?

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

I don't care what the equivalent price of gas was in 1920, I wasn't around in 1920.

all I care about is that in the mid 90s i could get a gallon of gas for less than a buck. :mad:

not only that, i drove a mazda that got over 30 mpg.

that's my :2: anyway.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I don't care what the equivalent price of gas was in 1920, I wasn't around in 1920.
      I agree with that and I also have no plans on converting my engine to run on Snapple which would cost me like $5.00 a gallon or whatever that silly email I get 3 times a week from different people says.

My honest opinion is that while demand for gas is growing to close to our level of supply, the price of gas has not risen equally with the rise in crude prices. Just another way for the oil companies to make more money.
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
        I found this to be an interesting read on Gas Prices...

Seems as if we've actually got it pretty good right now.

So why does it hurt so much?

Tam
        Then why do oil companies continue to get record profits???
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Just suck it up for a more years. I predict that within 5-10 years we'll have depleted enough of our natural resources and an energy crisis will emerge. Until then, the f(*^ing lobbyists for the oil companies will ensure that they squash every opportunity for the production of alternative fuel vehicles.

Just my 2 cents.
          Erik

I fix things.

Comment

I know that a lot of us are in California. We get the joy of a summer blend of gas, and a winter blend of gas. This means that the refineries get to jack up the prices even more everytime they switch blends. The problem is that the prices go up during the switch, and never come back down to where they were.

These two different blends are supposed to help with emissions, but I heard on a radio show that the actual emissions savings is somewhere around .003%. Over 20 years the net effect has been nill.

But we get to pay for it anyways because our legislators think we should all drive hybrids.

Comment

Maybe its time again to look at converting to propane...
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

oil is a comodity and they will find ways to insure the price stays high, whatever we are paying for a gallon. the oil companies will make money.
                We can ask for government intervention, but the truth is big oil is like big tobacco, and even though smoking is a major cause of the reason health care is so expensive, it will never be outlawwed aslong as money flows into the polititions pockets.
                I think we will see it spike to a price, and then go down 40 cents, and we will be happy it went down to 2.25 a gallon. oil companies will have a new standard and tobacco companies will be selling more smokes to worried people stressing on the oil prices
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

Below is what I paid for 87 grade from Williams, AZ to Tarzana, CA yesterday 3/22

Williams,AZ - $2.67
                  Kingman,AZ - $2.18
                  Needles, CA - $2.89-$3.03-92 grade
                  Barstow, CA - $2.59
                  *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
                  Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
                  Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

Here in Oceanside, it's about $2.32 for reg unleaded.

Comment

What no one ever seems to point out is the price of crude oil is based on a WHOLE lot more than fuel. Something like 90% of crude oil goes to making plastics. Polymeric products are based on petroleum. Now...take a look at your surroundings and see how much plastic there is. Go out and look in your trash can and think about how much plastic gets thrown away everyday. That's what's driving up the prices of crude oil. Yeah, the gas companies are cornholing us, but as far as the crude oil prices, most people don't realize they are the ones driving up the prices, even if they don't drive at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanzo
                        What no one ever seems to point out is the price of crude oil is based on a WHOLE lot more than fuel. Something like 90% of crude oil goes to making plastics. Polymeric products are based on petroleum. Now...take a look at your surroundings and see how much plastic there is. Go out and look in your trash can and think about how much plastic gets thrown away everyday. That's what's driving up the prices of crude oil. Yeah, the gas companies are cornholing us, but as far as the crude oil prices, most people don't realize they are the ones driving up the prices, even if they don't drive at all.
                        CRAP!!

now what cap'n?

:confused:
                        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Sounds like it's time to swap in a diesel and run Bio-gas, I remember an interview with Gale Banks of fast diesel fame, one thing he said struck me. He talked about how bio gas can be produced in the US by US farmers at a fraction of the cost of gas from crude, yet the goverment seem to be hung up on sending our money, as in gas/diesel dollars, to the middle east, to the very people who support terrorism etc, instead of effectivly giving themoney to ourselves. I'm not so sure about the terrorism part, but I'm all in favor of supporting farmers we have to pay them subsidies already, why not just pay them to grow crops for bio-gas production instead!

BTW http://www.orangecountygasprices.com/
                          Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Bio-diesel would be a great alternative but how the heck to do convert a TJ to a diesel? :confused:

I am still looking into the propane option. With propane you can have your own gas-station right at home
                            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Check out some of the bio gas sites. You could have your own tank at home (until the goverment get in on it) a lot of people are running soy bean oil, about 25-35 cents a gallon, and buying it in bulk. You have to do some creativestuff to the oill but its not rocket science. Also you still get the high MPG benefits of diesel. I'm looking into the possibility of sapping in a diesel out of a liberty, the DMV in Ca give you the option of "Changing motive power" option, close to the option of a normal engine swap (same thing for propane) if I get any info I'll pass it on! 35+mpg anyone?

http://www.northwales.org.uk/bio-power/whatis.htm
                              Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Working...
                              X