Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you "armed" on the trail ??

At most places I wheel, I keep a weapon in my locked center console. Anyone else believe that the 2nd Amendment and Jeeps go together ??

why would you feel the need to do this?
    is it a loaded weapon? or just something for targets?
    now when you say weapon... do you mean a knife, nun-chocs, a stick, mace... or a gun?

i am an avid gun collector, and enjoy shooting them, but never felt the need to be strapped while wheeling with my friends.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

A gun is a tool, and as such, I carry all the tools I think I may need on the trail. As you know, some trails are located in rather remote areas, so I would rather be prepared for any situation that arises. You can't predict when you may become a victim, so I prepare myself accordingly.

Comment

interesting.
        so have you practiced unlocking the console over and over to get good at it?
        i would have to assume you keep the gun loaded in the console, unless your intentions are to beat your attacker with the small metal object. .

do you have the same fear on a daily basis throughout town?

personally, i am more cautious in the city than in the boonies.
        none the less, i cant say i have felt the need to carry a gun for my protection.

i do have a friend that carries his with him everywhere, and i sometimes think he is a bit looney for doing it.

just out of curiosity.. is it loaded? or do you adhere, or at least try to adhere to the laws of transporting a weapon [gun] in your vehicle?
        you do know that the ammo, and gun arent sopposed to be in the same locked container... right?

this is an interesting topic.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

QUOTEs by NAILER341
          interesting.
          so have you practiced unlocking the console over and over to get good at it?
          i would have to assume you keep the gun loaded in the console, unless your intentions are to beat your attacker with the small metal object.

(A)I leave it unlocked on the trail. I lock it when legally neccesary (4th amendment protection).

do you have the same fear on a daily basis throughout town?

(A) I do not live in fear. Don't assume I do.

personally, i am more cautious in the city than in the boonies.

(A) Go rent "Deliverance". LOL !!

just out of curiosity.. is it loaded? or do you adhere, or at least try to adhere to the laws of transporting a weapon [gun] in your vehicle?

(A) 5th Amendment.

this is an interesting topic.

(A) Everything I say is intresting.

Comment

Personally I have never felt the need for that sort of protection on the trail on in the backcountry. I have never felt threatened, and I don't know of anyone that ever has. The only reason I see to carry one is either (A) to impose fear, especially by publicly posting that you carry one or (B) if you wheel on private land and expect to be attacked by the landowners.
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

You have contradicted yourself. Your first post said: "At most places I wheel, I keep a weapon in my locked center console", but later you said "I leave it unlocked on the trail. I lock it when legally neccesary (4th amendment protection)." Whats it gunna be?

I have never seen the need to carry a firearm on the trail , and I think its safe to say that most, of not all, of my friends feel the same way.
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

"Lions and Tigers and Bears! On my!"

"There's Indians out there"

This is crazy but I guess we'll never what our fellow trail runners are packing unless they tell us or we go through there rigs. I'm not sure how I'd feel wheelin' w/weapons of this nature, probably info. I don't need to know.

"Leave the gun take the Canneloni"

Yikes, B&T TJ

Comment

Depends who you wheel with I guess. Maybe someday you'll need that gun.

Me, I don't see a need.
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                    You have contradicted yourself. Your first post said: "At most places I wheel, I keep a weapon in my locked center console", but later you said "I leave it unlocked on the trail. I lock it when legally neccesary (4th amendment protection)." Whats it gunna be?
                    I guess it seems contridictory...I should have said "lockable" center console in my 1st post. But that wouldn't have given you an opportunity to post something.

Comment

Never had a need to take my guns wheelin'. Unless there is a plan to include some shooting in the part of the day. Even then the gun is locked in the back, unload with the ammo seperate. In accordanace with cali state law. I think if some crazy old miner tried to start something with me I could take him down. But then again like that would happen. I have never seen that sort of rif raf when I wheel. Besides, if I am on a run with MJR buddies we could take 'em! Am I right?
                      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
                      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by ToddH
                        I guess it seems contridictory...I should have said "lockable" center console in my 1st post. But that wouldn't have given you an opportunity to post something.
                        Sorry Todd, I never got around to posting up a note in your welcome thread. My bad.
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I have a Airsoft Pistol, and a Paint ball gun stored in my jeep, and the guys I wheel with usually have there's to, But there for shooting each other, not for protection, But I would'nt mess with some one point blank, or with in 15ft with either a airsoft gun or paint ball gun.
                          Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

im more of the mcgyver type

weapons of choice:
                            paper clip
                            1/4 of a napkin
                            a birthday candle
                            and gum wrapper

with these things i can easily kill a bear or disarm a nuclear dirty bomb, take that terrorist!
                            Carlos

92 YJ
                            GO VEGAN!
                            volunteer at your local food shelter!

Comment

My self defense is all neatly packaged in my body............ a night or two for me without a shower in the middle of nowhere tends to ward off anything that could harm my well-being.

At TDS you saw how quickly that rattle snaked jumped in that bush when we rolled up. :poop: :poop:
                              Bryan
                              2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
                              front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
                              Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Working...
                              X