X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDS Incident - JeepSpeed Punishment and Apology

I just received and e-mail from the Operations manager at JeepSpeed:

Chris,
    As you have probably already seen on the JeepSpeed website, Mr. Ganzer's entry into the next JeepSpeed event has been denied as a result of his actions at the Tierra Del Sol event. Please see the website for his apology as well as a posting by JeepSpeed about the consequences of his actions. (www.jeepspeed.com).

Thank you for your patience with this matter. Please pass this information along to others that may be interested in JeepSpeed's actions. I am not sure what kind of punishment you or others were looking for but this is the best we can do considering it was not a race vehicle nor was it at a JeepSpeed event and, thankfully, no one was injured. As a result, we are now amending the rules to include information regarding behavior while promoting JeepSpeed.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Michelle Nelson
    JeepSpeed Operations Manager

Apology Post: http://www.jeepspeed.com/forum/YaBB....num=1110431917

Action Taken aginst Mr. Ganzer: http://www.jeepspeed.com/forum/YaBB....num=1110426667
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

good to hear, finally.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

So, just what did Mr. Ganzer do? I am assuming something stupid......
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

this is nice.

he got drunk, and drove his jeep too fast on a road surrounded by campers, tents, and motor homes, lost control and went into a barrel roll down the dirt road landing within feet of many innocent campers.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Man what an a$$ clown.
          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
          [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

And they only booted him for one race? I would have banned him from any sort of organized function for the remainder of his life. He should have been arrested and charged with [at a bare minimum] DUI. A reckless endangerment charge would fit very well too.

That kind of behavior is why I really dislike large events. Even the AZ Rocks event last weekend (only about 50 rigs showed up) had it's share of dumb asses.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
              this is nice.

he got drunk, and drove his jeep too fast on a road surrounded by campers, tents, and motor homes, lost control and went into a barrel roll down the dirt road landing within feet of many innocent campers.
              and we were some of those innocent campers.

Comment

Not much of an apology or punishment
                *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
                Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
                Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

Originally posted by CMeTopless818
                  Not much of an apology or punishment
                  Agreed, but that was all we could do. At least we got something out of it, I guess. There weren't 24-hour services at TDS, and right away the guy and his buddies pulled the car off the road to "start clearing the evidence." Even if my cell phone wasn't dead, I'm sure the cops would have never found it in the pitch black desert night.

Comment

I looked for the Sheriff while they were still there, no one. I spoke to the Sheriff the next morning. They said there was no local 24hour law enforcment presence. The scene was cleared up in a matter 15 minutes. I realize its speculative, but its unlikely that they could get there AND find us (by description of the area) in that period of time. (at night, everything looks the same, a sea of motorhomes, tents and Jeeps.) At that time, I figured finding someone was quicker the calling. I had no idea that his buddies would have the whole mess cleaned up before I got back.

Tam
                    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I recently heard about a disturbingly similar incident on my old stomping grounds which did not end so well.

The family that I grew up next to was camping with their grand children (13 and 15), in a spot where I used to camp with my family (actually, my family and those in the story used to go camping there every year together---it was a '80's thing).

Anyway, the 2 boys were out riding their motorcycles. The 15 year old takes off to find his little brother to bring him back for lunch. About 15 minutes later, the 13 year old comes back, then decides to go after his older brother (rather than just wait at camp for him). Just about a minute later, a blue CJ goes tearing past the campsite, in the same direction that the 2 boys went. The CJ (driven by a drunk 16 year old), manages to get around the 13 year old, but less than a mile later, comes across the 15 year old who had, at this point, turned around and was headed back towards camp. The CJ driver slides across the road in a turn, hits the 15 year old head on. The 13 year old hauls ass back to camp where Nate (the grandfather, who luckily has extensive wilderness first aid training is). Nate goes to the accident site, while Cathi (grandmother) starts the drive into town to find help (it is about a hour drive...if you are hauling ass....into town).

By the time the helicopter arrives (~2 hours after the accident), the driver is sobering up, has cleaned up the accident site, her buddies help get the jeep out of the ditch, and remove any evidence of drinking (empty beer cans, etc). The police show up about 2 hours after that. The driver of the jeep gets nothing but a banged up jeep, the 15 year old has spent the last year in a wheel chair, couldn't go to school (will graduate a year late from what I understand), can't play sports (the kid was heavily involved in multiple sports), and lives in pain. Because someone did something stupid. They will probably do it again because they never got punished for it.

Just like the guy at TDS....he gets a banged up jeep. Nothing more. If he would have been put in jail, lost his license, had to pay thousands of dollars worth of fines and court costs, etc., he would probably think about it before he does it again. But now he won't. Only problem is, next time he could kill someone. People like that need to be drug out in a field and shot like the vermin they are.

KG6OWO

Comment

One of the reasons I will not attend large organized events such as this is because of this.
                        I have seen it a number of times, and seen people get hurt

getting up on a soapbox

We all know that trails and land is being taken from us everyday, it takes the mindset of the tree huggers to find every excuse they can to have government outlaw landuse. SUpporting events where such happens, and where the orginaizers of the event turn a blind eye, only gives the tree huggers more ammunition. We need to orginize a letter writing campaign to jeep speed untill he is kicked out of the orginization and to pummel the jeep club that orginises the event to have them ban the guy who did it. witnesses who can identify him as at the wheel can still have the autorities arrest him for a number of items.
                        However, noone who witnessed it would be willing to do such, and the guy will go free to do it again and our land will be closed.

What state now has CLOSED UNLESS MARKED OPEN laws now?

getting off soapbox
                        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Did anyone read the post at jeep speeds forums lastnight calling for action to be taken in the Bob Ganzer incident
                          They have taken it off their site
                          Jeep speed is also it seems trying to sweep the issue under the rug.

you know, by deleteing post, jeep speed is censoring and will soon let Ganzer back into the fold.

I guess good old boys will get drunk and bail each other out
                          censored for having an opinion

Comment

Now is it my misunderstanding or is Jeep Speed part of Currie Ent.?

I hope not and I am mistaken.
                            B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                              Now is it my misunderstanding or is Jeep Speed part of Currie Ent.?

I hope not and I am mistaken.
                              B&T TJ
                              Tom,

It wouldnt make a difference. I dont think any of us blame Jeepspeed or its sponsors. It was merely a way in which to get in contact with the owner of the Jeep in question.

Tam
                              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Working...
                              X