Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing

I am only sharing this because I know you will all be supportive and understanding.

OK so my winch cable was all kinked and wrapped up in a big birds nest. So I figured I would be good and get it all stretched out and wound up nice and neat.

At the end of my drive there is a stout Palo Verde tree that I have used several times before. So I get everything hooked up then I remember my parking brake cable is disconnected. I figure I will just use engine braking, probably better anyway, can you hear alarm bells?

I start winching away and everything is going great. After about 20 feet the Jeep is running off just a little, so I hop in and turn the key to release the steering lock and tweak the steering. Wait for it!

Then I get back to the cable and start winding up again: Ho-hum, god I’m good. All of a sudden the Jeep starts pushing the cable, oh SHITE the motor is running: I cable-started it! AHHHCK

Now the fun really starts. I scramble round to the side, jump in the seat, fumble the keys, switch off the ignition but TOO LATE! Crunch, we plough into the tree. Bollocks, I mean BOLLOCKS!

Everything goes quiet except for the sound of twigs raining down on the roof. DOH!

Obviously I went one click too far with the key. I start laughing, just in case any of the neighbors are watching: Ha ha, what a ride.

I walk around to the front and I can’t believe my eyes: I have a ‘kin dent in the hood shaped like a Palo Verde tree.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

what does that kinda tree look like? hehe sorry mang that blows.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

it's good to know I'm not the only one around here that does stupid $hit. sorry about your dent.
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

damn, aston! which banana are you today? the receiver?

you have to post some pics of this mess.
        that is some funny shit!
        you have laid your jeep over in the rocks, and left with less damage than re-spooling your winch.
        that is classic!
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
          you have to post some pics of this mess.
          that is some funny shit!
          you have laid your jeep over in the rocks, and left with less damage than re-spooling your winch.
          that is classic!
          I'm glad you're getting some enjoyment from my misfortune

Comment

Dude, YOURE DANCIN ON THE CEILING!!
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by aston
              I'm glad you're getting some enjoyment from my misfortune
              aggh, come on! lighten up.
              we all make mistakes. yours just happens to be funny for someone that doesnt have to pay for the damage.
              is there anything i can do to help with the sting? :confused2
              i'm just messing with you aston... dont get all sensative on me now.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                aggh, come on! lighten up.
                we all make mistakes. yours just happens to be funny for someone that doesnt have to pay for the damage.
                is there anything i can do to help with the sting? :confused2
                i'm just messing with you aston... dont get all sensative on me now.
                Gotcha'

Comment

And I thought for sure you were going to tell us that you were coming home with a cord of firewood in the back of your crushed YJ after the tree finally gave in to your mighty winch.

Well, I guess you know how to get going in case you grenade your starter.
                  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                  2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Working...
                  X