Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Brian, what are we going to do with you?

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian will be converting the garage into a Jeep Spa. :yay:

Good luck on finding a shag-pad.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Thanks Ted and Erik for the #s.

As far as my requirements... they are: a 2 car garage, walls, a roof and maybe a coupe windows somewhere within a 30 mile radius of burbank.

kinda funny, the mortgage lender asked me my reasons for owning a house, I said... "well, I need to get a second vehicle and I'd like to be able to garage them both and work on my Jeep."

she replys..."so your buying a house for your car?"

me... "yeah, I guess."

her... "that's a new one."

myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by aston
        Brian will be converting the garage into a Jeep Spa. :yay:

Good luck on finding a shag-pad.
        in a matter of speaking yes. If i can find something...

thanks for the support.
        myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
          Thanks Ted and Erik for the #s.

As far as my requirements... they are: a 2 car garage, walls, a roof and maybe a coupe windows somewhere within a 30 mile radius of burbank.

kinda funny, the mortgage lender asked me my reasons for owning a house, I said... "well, I need to get a second vehicle and I'd like to be able to garage them both and work on my Jeep."

me... "yeah, I guess."

her... "that's a new one."

ummm... its a jeep thing. :yay:
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by blktj
            LMAO, you're going to go down in the books. What kind of question is "why do you want to own a house," anyway? Anyone in their right mind would want to own a house
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Are you sure you want windows...??? Isn't that how the bastardly crooks got in? I think you need a 3,000 sq ft concrete block building with a big rollup door. A hydraulic hoist would be a plus...

1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
              My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

i like the way you think rick, no windows big door and a hoist plumbed air and lots of tools dont forget the fridge
                im lovin it

2004 wrangler se
                4 inch rough country lift
                35x12.5LT16's
                super budget 3 inch body lift

Comment

question...

why is this property so cheap???

there are a handful of places like this in canyon country. just wondering why... anyone know???

thanks.

Brian.
                  myJeeprocks.com

Comment

I think they are probably the least expensive homes in Canyon Country. The sq foot cost is around $155. That is pretty competitive as our home was around $161/sf in 2000.

It should be noted that individuals who list their homes during the holidays and are willing to suffer realtors and nosy neighbors during this time tend to be somewhat motivated (desperate) sellers. Having said that, consider the following:

The lower price might reflect any number of things including views, size of lot, previous water damage (hard to get a homeowners policy), built on landfill (methane gas and settling/earthquake risk) or floodplain, and proximity to freeway/pigfarm/sex offender halfway house.

Other less tangible considerations such as hauntings (with the associated blood-curdling screams and apparitions at 0300) are also a possiblity. Be sure to ask if there have been any grisly murders in the home (this also includes being built on native american burial land). It should turn up on the full disclosure form but it never hurts to ask if blood pours out of the walls when the sun goes down.

Good luck with your home purchase.
                    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
                      Other less tangible considerations such as hauntings (with the associated blood-curdling screams and apparitions at 0300) are also a possiblity. Be sure to ask if there have been any grisly murders in the home (this also includes being built on native american burial land). It should turn up on the full disclosure form but it never hurts to ask if blood pours out of the walls when the sun goes down.
                      having just seen "The Grudge" and as a big fan of the first "Poltergeist" (sp?), that really hits home. I'll be sure to ask.
                      myJeeprocks.com

Comment

wow, there are some BIG ASS price differences in those two links. !!! !!! !!! good luck brian, and good luck again
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

It could also be a typo. I ran into this a couple times when looking for my house. You see one that's like "oooh, look at that bargain", and then when you call the realtor to look at it they tell you that it's really $359,900, not 159,900... Bastids. Also, look up the address and see what kind of neighborhood it's in. It could be the nicest house within two miles. Not sure what that area is like, so maybe that's not it.

The flood plain thing is also a very big deal. If you have to get additional flood insurance it could run you another $600-$1500 a year or more, depending on the insurer's assessment of the flood risk. It's also required insurance if it's in a flood area, unlike earthquake insurance which is up to you. EQ ins is also rediculously priced and usually doesn't do much since the limits of liability are set low and the deductibles are huge (my agent quoted me $900 a year with a $50k deductible!) That's more than my homeowner's policy now... Maybe once I actually have a significant amount of equity I'll reassess that situation, but for now the bank can have the place if the big one comes and destroys the joint...
                          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

one of them mentioned a "land lease"

Please be forewarned. Land leases mean you dont own the property under your home. It could have a 99 year lease at no cost to a short term lease with monthly lease payments. Think of it as a glorified (so to speak) mobile home park, where the owner of the coach pays a rental/lease payment every month. Even if it does have a 99 year no payment lease, please be sure to thoroughly research the benefits (obviously cost) and drawbacks of these leases.

Some lenders wont lend on a land lease. Im not thoroughly knowlegeable on them myself. Id go forward VERY cautiously.

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

thanks for the replys. Yeah, somethings gotta be up with those places. It's looking more and more like I'll have to settle for a condo... with a 2 car garage of course.
                              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

No Hoa!

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                                SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                                X