Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, around 98/99 I was working at Delco electronics (now Delphi) out in HRL labs in malibu. That's where some of the really hightech crap for GM is developed and tested. At the time I was working on the adaptive cruise control project which is now slowly becoming available commercially. I can tell you it's some SERIOUS pita to get your cruise control system just to track and follow the car in front let alone wonder around the desert unmanned!!!

But in this case since they give you the path in advance, it's really not that impossible. But since the prize goes to first place, it's not going to be like a walk in the park either! This thing has to haul ass when it can and only slow down when needed .... can't be just crawling in 4LO and 1st all the time.
    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

I have an idea . . . what if we cheat and use a radio control? Then we just make sure we dont get caught!

I like it!
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Well, it's only cheating if you get caught!!! But they explicitly forbit any form of communication with the vehicle and also any sort of data sharing between teams.

By the way, I forgot to say that Jack (suggested by Brian) would be an ideal choice for such an undertaking. This stuff would be like child's play for him!!!
        "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Originally posted by seapahn
          Well, it's only cheating if you get caught!!! But they explicitly forbit any form of communication with the vehicle and also any sort of data sharing between teams.

By the way, I forgot to say that Jack (suggested by Brian) would be an ideal choice for such an undertaking. This stuff would be like child's play for him!!!
          Well, lets get a sponsor then Jack can just tell me what to do. He can keep 1.5 million. sound fair?
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
            Well, lets get a sponsor then Jack can just tell me what to do. He can keep 1.5 million. sound fair?
            Don't forget about my finders fee.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

<--- ROFL

I have a microwave at home, does that count for anything? Heheh.
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

LMAO! I have an infrared remote ... I could do the infrared, and sarah can do the microwave ... and I think we'd be happy splitting say ... 100K?

Comment

Originally posted by seapahn
                  LMAO! I have an infrared remote ... I could do the infrared, and sarah can do the microwave ... and I think we'd be happy splitting say ... 100K?
                  Wait, I also have a cordless phone! Does that count for anything? It's sitting right here too!

Comment

Awesome! Lets do it!
                    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I have 3 cordless phones, a microwave, a toaster, and 2 answering machines...and an old computer that needs a few programs installed. Tell me what ya need, and I'll send it to ya. All I ask for is 40-50k
                      04 Rubicon
                      4.5" RE Super Flex
                      1" BL
                      CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
                      Currie Anti-rock swaybar
                      35" el cheapos
                      Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

http://www.darpa.mil/grandchallenge0...final_data.pdf

7 of the 15 finalists did not make it beyond a mile. Many of these didn't even make it of the start area. The furthest was still less than 10 miles.

Pretty funny reading. The litany of mishaps almost sounds like an MJR trail run!
                        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

hehee, DOH!

Comment

one of the teams was from peninsula high school... maybe someone close by can ask them what they did... then do better

Comment

LMAO at "vehicle ran into a wall in start area"

Comment

2mil huh??? I've got an idea... implant some chips in my brain, call me a robot and I'll drive my Jeep. I get 1.25mil, you guys split the rest.
                                myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                                X