Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_L
    ...and which tow rig do you currently own again? I cant remember. :confused:
    AAA Plus!!!

HA, thats right. I win!

What kind of tow rig did you have when you were in your early 20's?
    Last edited by Dukes69; 11-04-04, 01:01 AM.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Sully
      4.0, 350, and the 318. Best motors ever made. And dont tell me that the hemi thing is a big deal cause almost every car made today has a hemi.........
      remember the 392 hemi? or how about the 426?
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
        whoohooo!!! a good old fashioned Ford v. Dodge pissing match

basically, its sounds to me like you can't go wrong choosing any of the big 3's diesel pickups. just pick the one you like driving the best and has the comfiest seats and you'll be fine

that being said, dodge really needs to have their designers drawn & quartered
        Dodge's are brutal... I don't care what their torque rating is. Spend 2500 miles in one, and you'll be wishing for something else.

There's nothing else out there like the Allison tranny. If you'r stuck on diesel, Duramax/Allison is the way to go.

you can find out lots of info here too... http://www.rv.net/

Best,

Fg

03 TJ with a few mods.

Comment

Somebody needs to build a reliable tow rig. I don't care who at this point.

I've owned 2 00 Ford SuperDuty Powerstrokes and 1 03 SuperDuty 6.0 Powerstroke.

Of the 3, I'd take the one I sold to a friend back in a heartbeat if it was a 4x.

Ford bought the first 00 back and put me in the second 00.

The 6liter is a pile. When I first got it, it ran like nobody's business. Then Ford issued a mandatory emissions recall to reprogram the system to remove all of the features that made the truck desireable.

Killed the pilot injection, now it surges and idles much louder. Knocked the guts out of the Tow/Haul mode in the tranny. Still works fine, but it used to be agressive enough to bark the tires on a downshift running empty.

Ruined the fuel mileage.

The first time I towed with it, I averaged 12 miles a gallon to the lakebed and back. Never better than 15 empty combined around and freeway.

The second time I averaged 10 to the lakebed and back, but the power was liveable.

The last time I towed after having the CEL problem fixed, I averaged 8 to the lakebed and back. The CEL had come on at least 35 times previous.

So now I own a truck that was supposed to be reliable, but with an intermittent CEL, who knows?

It wouldn't pull the hill up into Morongo, only maintain speed, that kills the power aspect.

The 6.0 is supposed to be more fuel efficient than previous models but mine sure isn't.

Take away reliability, power, and towing economy and tell me why I want to own a Ford??

I will vouch for the tranny though. Probably the single best thing Ford has ever built and I have my doubts that they didn't steal a bunch of engineers from Allison and put them to work.

Don't tell me to go Dodge either. I owned a 94, 96, a 00 that was collateral substituted and the replacement had the same issues on the test drive, so I bought the Ford. Love the interiors, the motors are okay, but the brakes, steering, AC, and electrical, and body work all blew chunks.

That leaves the Duramax and the 4x version I test drove rode like a log wagon. (I can get that from a YJ)
          I am Savvy.

Comment

I think this might be it:

International CXT
            1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
            My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

I finally found a price on that thing. Starting at $93,510... I guess I could buy 3 F250s and keep a couple of spares for the cost of the International.
              1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
              My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Working...
              X