Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry OS (run OS X on your PEEECEEE)

(Quoted from /.)

"According to the MacWorld Article, Cherry OS, does what Virtual PC does for Macs, only the opposite. PC Users are now able to run Mac OSX at G4 Speeds (Company claims 80% of the speed of your PC). It also includes full hardware support: hard drive, CPU, RAM, FireWire, USB, PCI, PCMCIA bus, Ethernet networking and modem. The software is being distributed through electronic download at $49.99 USD..." Note: it does not come with a copy of any Apple OS. Anyone in Windowsland tried it to provide a thumbs up (or down)?

I went to their website. This was the displayed text.

Our Server is getting hit with unbelievably high traffic, and some people are trying to hack in too. Please be patient and check back with us soon… - CherryOS Team !
    Erik

I fix things.

Yikes! And cool, I think. That's a nice price, but who's distributing OSX for everyone to want it right away? Most PC users that I know don't have an Apple OS chillin' in their software directory. LOL

I've never had any luck with emulators, but I'd be interested in seeing how this one does.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

LOL.. well.. I guess I'm not like most PC users you know then... cuz I have this copy of Panther burning a hole on my shelf.

And actually.. Virtual PC works pretty well on a Mac. I've used it.
      Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by TrAvELAr
        LOL.. well.. I guess I'm not like most PC users you know then... cuz I have this copy of Panther burning a hole on my shelf.

And actually.. Virtual PC works pretty well on a Mac. I've used it.
        well that's for sure, l33t h4x0r!

Comment

why would I want to do such a thing? is there really anything available for a Mac that isn't available on a PC already? sounds like i'd be taking a step backward if anything.

OK... i'm ready for flames from the mac lovers..... all 3 of you

Comment

3? I know there is Sarah, but who are the other 2?
            Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

B&T Tj, Trailbst ... and dangit I think there's one more.

Comment

Careful, number 2 here. I use both at work but mac only at home. For those of you who only play games a mac is not for you. Now on a creative side the mac has it hands down. Do any of the PC users watch TV or go to movies? Every bit of editing, picture and sound and many other aspects are done with a mac, the PC's are used for book keeping. Backwards, I think not. You should consider yourself lucky if/that you can run mac software on your PC. TrAvELAr's got the right idea, go for it!

And the debate goes on, B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                  Careful, number 2 here. I use both at work but mac only at home. For those of you who only play games a mac is not for you. Now on a creative side the mac has it hands down. Do any of the PC users watch TV or go to movies? Every bit of editing, picture and sound and many other aspects are done with a mac, the PC's are used for book keeping. Backwards, I think not. You should consider yourself lucky if/that you can run mac software on your PC. TrAvELAr's got the right idea, go for it!

And the debate goes on, B&T TJ
                  yay! hehe. I side with him! But ya'll already knows that.

Comment

I have nothing against Macs and if I did not play computer games I would probably own one. But I still hold the right to make funny of anything different
                    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I may have to try this out. I am looking to start editing a bunch of videos but I am not impressed with the software there is for PC. Another thing is I wonder if the driver support is as bad as it is with Linux. I can't seem to find jack for linux.
                      [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
                      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by H8PVMT
                        I may have to try this out. I am looking to start editing a bunch of videos but I am not impressed with the software there is for PC. Another thing is I wonder if the driver support is as bad as it is with Linux. I can't seem to find jack for linux.
                        I've heard Adobe has PC based software for video editing but I've also heard from one of the mixers here the learning curve pretty steep. I've use iMovie and it's lates version 4 is pretty cool, audio waveform and more effects, it's part of the software bundle or free when you buy a mac. Presently I'm using Final Cut, another steep learning curve but uses less disk space.

Nagal, I hear ya, a jab here, a jab there, all in good fun.

B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                          I've heard Adobe has PC based software for video editing but I've also heard from one of the mixers here the learning curve pretty steep. I've use iMovie and it's lates version 4 is pretty cool, audio waveform and more effects, it's part of the software bundle or free when you buy a mac. Presently I'm using Final Cut, another steep learning curve but uses less disk space.

Nagal, I hear ya, a jab here, a jab there, all in good fun.

B&T TJ
                          Yeah I actually tried that one from adobe and wasn't impressed. I like to be able to figure a program out, and not have it kick my butt.
                          [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
                          [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

Hmmmmm ... sounds to me like it is doing the equivalent of taking a Jeep Wrangler and dressing it up with a toyota Echo body parts and engine performance ... sure it'll look and act like an Echo but why not use the wrangler just as it is which can do everything the Echo can do and more?
                            03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                            "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

If we had any sense, we'd all be running Amiga OS. Now that thing kicked some serious arse! Who needs any of that 32 or even 64 bit computing?
                              Last edited by nagal; 10-12-04, 04:53 PM. Reason: The Amiga was a 16 bit 0S
                              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
                              X