Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
    Presently I'm using Final Cut, another steep learning curve but uses less disk space.
    Pro or Express?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
      If we had any sense, we'd all be running Amiga OS. Now that thing kicked some serious arse! Who needs any of that 32 or even 64 bit computing?

AMEN!!!!

And as far as running OS-X goes.... 2 words.... Unix Kernel

oh and 3 more other words that are equally important... Unix Command Line

Comment

Originally posted by mparker
        AMEN!!!!

And as far as running OS-X goes.... 2 words.... Unix Kernel

oh and 3 more other words that are equally important... Unix Command Line
        Lost me, I'm the end user, it's got to be simple for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
          Pro or Express?
          Express. This is for my home stuff, I've done a few of my own "home video" things I'm happy with. I try to keep them less then 40 minutes (attention span thing). Since it's home use I don't need the hardware required for the pro version, (It's still kicking my butt learning it, iMovie is soooo easy compared) it's still really cool. At work mostly Avid systems are used for picture and Protools for sound, Apple's Final Cut Pro is making it's mark though, I know of a few shows using them, FX's Nip Tuck for one. I decided to go to the Final Cut after over using iMovie, it took too long to save, many errors exporting... due to too many events (edits, transision, audio...) sessions just got to large and complex. I still long for the iMovie days, it was so easy then but that was and this is, move on.

Cheers, time for another, B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
            Express. This is for my home stuff, I've done a few of my own "home video" things I'm happy with. I try to keep them less then 40 minutes (attention span thing). Since it's home use I don't need the hardware required for the pro version, (It's still kicking my butt learning it, iMovie is soooo easy compared) it's still really cool. At work mostly Avid systems are used for picture and Protools for sound, Apple's Final Cut Pro is making it's mark though, I know of a few shows using them, FX's Nip Tuck for one. I decided to go to the Final Cut after over using iMovie, it took too long to save, many errors exporting... due to too many events (edits, transision, audio...) sessions just got to large and complex. I still long for the iMovie days, it was so easy then but that was and this is, move on.

Cheers, time for another, B&T TJ
            Rockin! I don't have a video camera ... yet. iPhoto does a good job of exporting still frame Quicktimes, though.

Comment

Damn.. it's only a G4 emulator. They need to kick it into gear and get G5 power.

Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Uh oh..... bad news for CherryOS on /.

"The CherryOS emulator, claiming that it could seamlessly run Mac OS X at 80% the speed of the host computer on standard x86 hardware (covered here previously), has created some controversy about stolen code. It turns out that CherryOS's emulation engine is nothing more than that of PearPC, an open source GPL project to create a PowerPC motheboard emulator."
                Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by TrAvELAr
                  Uh oh..... bad news for CherryOS on /.

"The CherryOS emulator, claiming that it could seamlessly run Mac OS X at 80% the speed of the host computer on standard x86 hardware (covered here previously), has created some controversy about stolen code. It turns out that CherryOS's emulation engine is nothing more than that of PearPC, an open source GPL project to create a PowerPC motheboard emulator."
                  And now the website is gone.
                  [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
                  [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

lol

Comment

Working...
                    X