Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headed to China

As of 2AM tonight (or tomorrow morning) I will be on my way to China. I am going to spend a week there on business.

About a year ago I went to Taiwan, and saw one Jeep during my entire week long stay.

So being the Jeeper that I am I plan to be on the lookout for "Jeeps in China"

If I see any, I will whip out my digital camera and take a picture. It is always interesting to see how people in other countries will modify their jeeps. I once saw, in mexico, a YJ with a cattle guard that looked like it belonged on a train welded to the front of the frame.

I may have some sparse Internet access while I am there... so look for updates in this thread...

sounds like fun

Snap a bunch of pics and have fun!
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Wow cool! Have a great time! Can't wait to see what you bring back
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Ya, Have A Good Time! Kekep Your Eye Out For Some Wheeli'n Spots, Maybe We Can All Do A Wheeling Trip There
        Supe
        97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
        Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

Originally posted by TJSUPE
          Ya, Have A Good Time! Kekep Your Eye Out For Some Wheeli'n Spots, Maybe We Can All Do A Wheeling Trip There
          Hahaha! Would we need to rent a barge or something for that? Can you even *rent* a barge? The party barge!! LOL

Comment

The 'MJR Party Barge'
            Supe
            97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
            Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

I had fun last time I was in China... enjoy the trip!
              Erik

I fix things.

Comment

It's not a Jeep

It's not a Jeep but it is the only somewhat off-road vehicle I have seen here over the last two days. Unless of course you want to count the mITSuBiShi monteros that some of the cops drive.... but you can see those in the US.

It is freakin crowded and unbelievably hot and humid here.

I'll post any more I come across when I can.

Comment

Sweet! Send more pics

Comment

Looks like a Toyota FJ40 or 60. hmmm
                    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                      Looks like a Toyota FJ40 or 60. hmmm
                      Definetly some kind of Toy, check out the locking hubs and rims, looks like stuff on a bud's Toy truck.

Did you take any MJR stickers with you? A picture w/an MJR sticker on a China Jeep would be cool or from anywhere is cool. MJR you ROCK!!!

B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                        Definetly some kind of Toy, check out the locking hubs and rims, looks like stuff on a bud's Toy truck.

Did you take any MJR stickers with you? A picture w/an MJR sticker on a China Jeep would be cool or from anywhere is cool. MJR you ROCK!!!

B&T TJ
                        Along those same lines, when I was in Hawaii @ a Compusa I went through all their laptops on display and changed the homepages to MJR. Good stuff!
                        [color=grey]Ryan[/color]
                        [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]No Jeep To speak of. But I got a Hummer H3[/COLOR]

Comment

OMG you guys are cracking me up! Woohoo!

Comment

Finally... a Jeep in China...

This has thus far been the only Jeep I have seen in China. I have been in Shenzheng and Guanzhou... and am now in Beijing. This picture was taken this afternoon on the way through rush hour traffic right after 5PM.

The pic was taken from the back seat of a car through the front window. It is called a Jeep 2500. I did a little research and you can find a nice little flash of it here....

Comment

That site is wicked!! I clicked on "@(#*&$CLUB" and thought maybe they'd have some club listings, but it's some sort of form. Hmmm....

Great reports, mparker!! Now ya gotta find the trails!

Comment

Working...
                              X