Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PondScum
    It's a wonder that we even get any work done!
    You guys try to get work done now???? No way! That is what night missions are for!

PM's on monday, fly tuesday (washdown done by 1:00--post mission and go home), take wed. off, fly wed. night, take thursday off, fly thursday night, take fri/sat/sun off.

We pulled that off for basically a whole summer back in '92 (????). 'Ol Molder was always good for lots of liberty.
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by PondScum
      I work HERE
      Small world - I was on the Engineering and Design team for WESTDIV that built that facility.

They ever get the air conditioning in the "control tower" to work right?
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Small world indeed. I used to work there (92 - 97). I found out last weekend that another wheelin' buddy does some work up there on occasion (contractor).
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

IIRC, it was a late 80's project - but don't hold me to that. WESTDIV kept us pretty busy back then. Was a lot of fun to watch the equipment play on the beach.

Work for LAX/ONT now, different mix of "aircraft" Not too sure what OPS would do if a LCAC taxied up to the International Terminal and called for a gate......
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY

Comment

I had to bring this thread back to life. Ever since the lift was done on "Marvin" people have been starring, not that it's a bad thing it's a good thing. Tonight leaving Wal*Mart I heard these two boys go, "OOOH wow check that Jeep out!" the other goes, "Yeah, and a chick driving it!" Sorry boys I'm married, but thanks for noticing Marvin. Alot of the kids have been pointing us out lately to their parents. We also get noticed now that we installed a Turbo City Air Intake system.
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Yep - something I learned 20+ years ago - building a jeep means meeting people by finding them laying under your rig in the parking lot (or at the rest break on the trail) checking out your driveline/suspension.

Had a CHP motorcycle officer years ago walk over to me as I was leaving a fast food drive through (that had a sharp turn in it) and ask "how do you like that Detroit on the street"
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY

Comment

Working...
              X