Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Fart
    replied
    Yep - something I learned 20+ years ago - building a jeep means meeting people by finding them laying under your rig in the parking lot (or at the rest break on the trail) checking out your driveline/suspension.

Had a CHP motorcycle officer years ago walk over to me as I was leaving a fast food drive through (that had a sharp turn in it) and ask "how do you like that Detroit on the street"

Leave a comment:

• king4wd2
    replied
    I had to bring this thread back to life. Ever since the lift was done on "Marvin" people have been starring, not that it's a bad thing it's a good thing. Tonight leaving Wal*Mart I heard these two boys go, "OOOH wow check that Jeep out!" the other goes, "Yeah, and a chick driving it!" Sorry boys I'm married, but thanks for noticing Marvin. Alot of the kids have been pointing us out lately to their parents. We also get noticed now that we installed a Turbo City Air Intake system.

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    IIRC, it was a late 80's project - but don't hold me to that. WESTDIV kept us pretty busy back then. Was a lot of fun to watch the equipment play on the beach.

Work for LAX/ONT now, different mix of "aircraft" Not too sure what OPS would do if a LCAC taxied up to the International Terminal and called for a gate......

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Small world indeed. I used to work there (92 - 97). I found out last weekend that another wheelin' buddy does some work up there on occasion (contractor).

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    Originally posted by PondScum
    I work HERE
    Small world - I was on the Engineering and Design team for WESTDIV that built that facility.

They ever get the air conditioning in the "control tower" to work right?

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    It's a wonder that we even get any work done!
    You guys try to get work done now???? No way! That is what night missions are for!

PM's on monday, fly tuesday (washdown done by 1:00--post mission and go home), take wed. off, fly wed. night, take thursday off, fly thursday night, take fri/sat/sun off.

We pulled that off for basically a whole summer back in '92 (????). 'Ol Molder was always good for lots of liberty.

Leave a comment:

• Old Fart
    replied
    Nah, mine's sitting at home being guarded by Oscar, the fierce Wonderweinerdog!

Leave a comment:

• PondScum
    replied
    Originally posted by Sully
    Where do you work?
    I work HERE

Leave a comment:

• Sully
    replied
    Well the "Jeep Bug" hit at my work about 8 months ago. We currently have 10 guys now with jeeps and about 4 others with broncos, trucks...etc. that offroad with us.

We currently have been trying to get as many jeeps parked next to each other as we can each day. Our current record is 8 in a row. Each day of course consists of us all going outside to admire the row of jeeps and then talk about them for awhile.

Where do you work?

Leave a comment:

• wakeboarder 21
    replied
    haha yeah how about gettin me a job there... yall hired 18 year old that still have a year to go in highschool?

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Well the "Jeep Bug" hit at my work about 8 months ago. We currently have 10 guys now with jeeps and about 4 others with broncos, trucks...etc. that offroad with us.
    What a great place to work!

Leave a comment:

• PondScum
    replied

We currently have been trying to get as many jeeps parked next to each other as we can each day. Our current record is 8 in a row. Each day of course consists of us all going outside to admire the row of jeeps and then talk about them for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Originally posted by Dukes69
    I must be screwed up. I look at my Jeep and think "Damn, what a pile of crap!"
    well, now that you went ahead and got to know the wall a little better ... he he ...

Leave a comment:

• TrAvELAr
    replied
    This sucks. I work in research and we don't have any windows in our building. Good thing I have access to the security system and can watch my Jeep on the CCTV.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    I must be screwed up. I look at my Jeep and think "Damn, what a pile of crap!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X