Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtis View Post
    Yea I watch both of them. The live feed is so good I will be watching in my leather chair all week. Did the guy on the motorcycle have 2 wheel drive. And where did the cowboy striped come from?
    And the waterfall was kicking a lot of ass today.
    Yea, it was one of those 2wd bikes, a Christini I think. Not sure what the cobwoy thing was about either.... lol
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Here is the video of Sacalas' barrel roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PvyE2KKoVM
      Rich

Comment

Holy crap! I'm glad the driver's okay!
        I'll be out Friday
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Wow, that's like a sprint car tumble!
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

i hate to ask again.. but do any of you out there have AT&T cell phones? Do they work? I have to work and play while I am out there

Thanks,
            Brett

Comment

They have wifi you can buy. AT&T generally doesn't work that well out there.

From HERE:

"Mojavewifi is proud to offer wifi access packages for the 2014 Griffin King of the Hammers Presented by Nitto Tire. This year roaming wifi access is available throughout most of Hammertown and in designated spectator areas. Mojavewifi is offering two types of packages. One device options as well as private hotspots for Teams, Vendors and Families on the lake bed. See below for details!

Mojavewifi will be offering dozens of Hotspots in and around Hammertown, where one device package options will work.

MOJAVEWIFI HOT SPOT – ONE DEVICE PACKAGE OPTIONS:

The hotpot is available anywhere you can connect with good signal to the “KOH-Mojavewifi” Hotspots. How to connect: When you are in Hammertown, turn on your wifi enabled device, if “KOH-mojavewifi” is in range, connect to the hotspot. When you connect it will bring up payment option page that will allow you to pay via credit card for a 1 day- 3 day or 7 day hotspot package.
              1) 24 hours – one device* $25.00 Public access anywhere you can get good signal on “KOH-Mojavewifi”. Hotspots are located in most spectator areas and all over Hammertown.

2) 3 days – one device* $65.00 Public access anywhere you can get good signal on “KOH-Mojavewifi”. Hotspots are located in most spectator areas and all over Hammertown.

3) 7 days – one device* $140.00 Public access anywhere you can get good signal on “KOH-Mojavewifi”. Hotspots are located in most spectator areas and all over Hammertown.

*Public access coverage may not be available in all areas especially inside vendor trailers, motor homes and other vehicles when using the KOH-Mojavewifi hotspots. Wifi signal does not always penetrate all construction materials for motor homes, toy-boxes, and vending trailers. Vendors and persons who want to have access inside motor-homes/ trailers are encouraged to purchase vendor packages A or B. Purchase of access for the KOH-Mojavewifi network can be made onsite during the event by connecting to KOH-Mojavewifi and following the instructions on the login page. Time starts at the time of purchase and runs continuously until expired."
              "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Sweetness! Thank you very much!

Comment

Bummed I couldn't make it out there, but my 46" tv is a great second choice. Worked last night, got home right before race start and am still awake watching right now. Luckily, I don't have a busy night tonight at work.
                  "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Anybody that did not watched the backdoor shoot out missed a super show, cold as heck, but it was beyond awesome

Comment

By the way, another team loaned Kevin Sacalas a car to race today. They cut up the Big Ugly panels to fit the loaner car. Not sure how they are doing. I left after Tony Pellegrino finished third. There was a lot of carnage today. Will be interesting to see how many actually finish by 10 tonight.
                      Rich

Comment

It was an awesome time watching the race online! I didn't get ANYTHING done at work today on account of the live feed. haha!

Man, now I'm pumped up to take my TJ to the hammers. Anyone willing to drag my jeep through a few trails in JV!?

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                          It was an awesome time watching the race online! I didn't get ANYTHING done at work today on account of the live feed. haha!

Man, now I'm pumped up to take my TJ to the hammers. Anyone willing to drag my jeep through a few trails in JV!?
                          Wanna drag it up Sledge sometime? It will be a battle and you will be hooked

Comment

I got a winch, skids and d-rings all around. Lets do it I'm busy at work until the end of February, weekends should be ok after that

Comment

Here is a video of my friend Avery Genosi (nick name Cracker) at the Backdoor Challenge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPTvZ...ature=youtu.be

His buggy has a 4.3 Chevy and runs on IROK 42 stickies. He ran the tires at 3 psi. Call it the Marshmallo Slingshot. He was the only one to run the high left line for the second climb. He has run Backdoor 100s of times.
                              Rich

Comment

Forgot to mention that he got 8th.
                                Rich

Comment

Working...
                                X