Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to weigh my jeep

Anybody know where I can get my jeep weighed? I need to weigh it with a scale that will not only tell me the overall weight, but also the weight at each tire. I need this for towing purposes. See my other thread "Toy Hauler for Jeep"

Thanks Joe
    It was like that when I got here.

There are a bunch of places that will weigh separate axles (steer axle, drive axle, trailer axle) I have never heard of a place that will weigh separate tires.

Any truck stop with scales will weigh your axles.
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Lots of bulk processing companies like dry mix cement or grain (most anything with silos) will have a truck scale. You might get lucky and know someone who works at a place like this and can hook you up. A standard pallet scale can get you a good individual wheel weight, but a Jeep in the plant is a bit tough to explain to the boss.
      God forgives, rocks don't
      -sons of thunder

Comment

Dico trailer supply Anaheim.
        Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
          There are a bunch of places that will weigh separate axles (steer axle, drive axle, trailer axle) I have never heard of a place that will weigh separate tires.

Any truck stop with scales will weigh your axles.
          On the tv show Trucks!, They use a portable scale. You place a small scale under each tire. They are all linked to one monitor. It gives you the weight at each tire, as well as overall weight. With that presice info, you can figure out any weight issues you my have. Axle scales will probably do the trick. Thanks guys.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

There's a scale right off the 405 at Figueroa and Anelo ave.
            You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

I have always pulled into the recycling plant on Cherry and South to weigh my Jeep.
              Pull in on the front, then the whole thing, then through till the back is left on the scale.
              Done deal.
              The scale is digital and the numbers are where you can see them.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Most feed stores will weigh each axle (several in Norco)

Comment

take with a grain of salt... or whatever...

Here's what I would do...
                  1. grab the fancy bathroom scale you generally use to decide if your fat.
                  2. bring it down to the garage.
                  3.-6. drive each tire of your vehicle on it, record weight. (now that I think of it, this may be steps 3-12)
                  13. add values to achieve desired calculation or don't add values and have un-added values.
                  14. your done. you may now have to buy a new scale for the bathroom if you "cheaped" out the first time.

:yay:
                  myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Working...
                  X