Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I could add.

It's illegal to tow over 10000 without a CDL. I know this becuase last fall the DOT chippies pulled us over in our stakebed while working. Of course our teamster had the proper licenses and whatever but I asked the CHP Officer some questions because I was looking to get a truck and toyhauler/trailer for the Jeep. Basically it boiled down to the GCVW rating of the vehicle (fully loaded, I have pictures of him weighing our truck with us in it) what it's registered at (weight wise) and your license class. He also explained most people are unaware of this fact until they have an accident/incident and then they are held responsible because they were driving illegally. He specifically mentioned RV's towing toyhaulers loaded down with all there gear.

Also according to California Motor Vehicle code the second trailer can only ever be a boat. I don't know why but that's the law. So that means truck then toyhauler then boat only - no jeep. This I know because I just had to take traffic school and for some reason that was one of the points covered. I think that might be the oddest CA reg of all.
    Sean M Higgins

"We all got it coming kid"

Comment

that's some good info, higlet.
      thanks for the insight, you're right, i don't think many people know that.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

If you strap pontoons to the flares and attach a propeller to the driveshaft (AKA propeller shaft in the FSM), does the Jeep count as a boat?
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
          If you strap pontoons to the flares and attach a propeller to the driveshaft (AKA propeller shaft in the FSM), does the Jeep count as a boat?
          Ask Nailer, he tried that on the Rubicon last year... BIG mud puddle...
          1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
          My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by rick
              Ask Nailer, he tried that on the Rubicon last year... BIG mud puddle...
              it doesnt work.. your jeep will still fill up to the rim with STINKY muddy water
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
              X