Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon 2012

Was there anyone who has experience on the trail thinking of getting a group together and running the Rubicon this year?

I've looked into the Jamboree. I'd much rather put a group together here and have our own schedule. I've never ran it, so can't lead it. Looking for people who have ran it and want to go this year.
    Last edited by I H8RDS; 03-18-12, 08:58 AM.
    Jeep Girl

All in for the Rubicon!!

Well, we've never run it either but Vanessa and I are in for running the Rubicon. Yes, she is willing to tent it with me.

Comment

Same here, I've never run it, but i'd love to go! I've got camping gear, but most of my stuff is for warm-weather camping. If we run it while it's cold out there, I can just bring a few extra blankets and/or grab a thicker sleeping bag.

I should have my jeep ready to hit the rocks again by early April I hope.
      Last edited by daniel_buck; 03-18-12, 05:01 PM.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

I knew we'd find some people that wanted to go..the trick is finding someone to lead. I was thinking August time frame, like the week before or after the Jamboree.
        Jeep Girl

Comment

The last time I ran the Rubicon, we went in on a Sunday and out on Wednesday. We hardly saw anyone. All alone at Buck Island and at Rubicon Springs. It is so much better not fighting the rush-hour traffic up Cadilac Hill on the way out. If you can swing the time off, I suggest that route.

Comment

Jason- good idea. I can make that happen and I'm sure with enough notice, others can too. This is why I've brought it up so early...does that mean you'll lead? I think the Real challenge is going to be trying to find someone to lead the way. If I would have had to rely on someone leading all the runs I've done this winter, I would have ended up staying home a lot. I wish I could lead, but because I've never been there, that wouldn't be wise.

C,mon you veteran Rubi wheelers!! Let's organize a run!
            Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
              The last time I ran the Rubicon, we went in on a Sunday and out on Wednesday. We hardly saw anyone. All alone at Buck Island and at Rubicon Springs. It is so much better not fighting the rush-hour traffic up Cadilac Hill on the way out. If you can swing the time off, I suggest that route.
              I agree. We went the week before Jeep Jamboree. It was great not having all those rigs to deal with.
              Check out .

Comment

I want to do it but getting time off work is the biggest issue. My gadzuk buddies I believe are planning a run this year and I am pretty sure one of them(Doug I believe is his name) has been on the trail a few times before. Ill have to get more info on this. These guys are a great group of misc vehicles sammis, jeeps toyotas and have the mentality the more the merrier lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                  I want to do it but getting time off work is the biggest issue. My gadzuk buddies I believe are planning a run this year and I am pretty sure one of them(Doug I believe is his name) has been on the trail a few times before. Ill have to get more info on this. These guys are a great group of misc vehicles sammis, jeeps toyotas and have the mentality the more the merrier lol.
                  Perfect; feel free to give them my info.

You can't put in for leave in advance and be OK with getting some time off?
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

Our Annual Run is the last week/weekend in July. We missed it last year Weve been both on the weekend and during the week.

Its best if you can dedicate more than two days to it. Rubicon Springs needs two days alone...just for the relaxin' part I hope my tow strap rope swing is still up!

I would really love to go to Rubicon this year. Its going to depend on what gets done here at the house, and if our family dynamics change.

Tam
                    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                      Our Annual Run is the last week/weekend in July. We missed it last year Weve been both on the weekend and during the week.

Its best if you can dedicate more than two days to it. Rubicon Springs needs two days alone...just for the relaxin' part I hope my tow strap rope swing is still up!

I would really love to go to Rubicon this year. Its going to depend on what gets done here at the house, and if our family dynamics change.

Tam
                      With all the Jeep expenses we've had in the last month or so I've been not so kindly advised to call the painter because I have officially run out of excuses so my marrage dynamics don't change. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by WeRubiBlue06 View Post
                        With all the Jeep expenses we've had in the last month or so I've been not so kindly advised to call the painter because I have officially run out of excuses so my marrage dynamics don't change. Lol
                        HA! We are in the process of adopting, so it depends on if we have children, if their ages are suitable and if we can afford it due to said children

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                          HA! We are in the process of adopting, so it depends on if we have children, if their ages are suitable and if we can afford it due to said children
                          Oh wow that is great; I hope that works out for you two. Wife and I have a friend where they adopted a son and daughter (siblings) and parents and children are as happy as can be. We'll prayer for you and your family so that may come true.
                          Last edited by WeRubiBlue06; 03-19-12, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks! Prayers gratefully accepted!

Comment

I've run it quite a few times in the past. It's been 10 odd years since I was there though. Every group I went with turned the run into a "lets see how fast we can run this" trip (did it once in about 14 hours..gawd). It just isn't as much fun that way. Taking a few days would be nice.
                              Are you considering just going up for the trail or doing sight seeing in the area and on the way back?
                              Come to the dark side.....
                              We have Cookies!

Comment

Working...
                              X