Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construction Openings For Veterans

I have a large project starting in the San Fernando Valley with an 18 month schedule. We have a goal of hiring at least 10% veterans throughout the trades. The electricians are union but all other trades are open shop. The plumbers, HVAC, fire sprinkler, metal stud/drywall etc ... subcontractors will need veterans on their work force. This job is prevailing wage which means it pays union scale. From my conversations with the subs, most will need to hire at least one new veteran employee.

Also, I will need to hire one (to start) laborer this coming week. Again, this is union scale.

You must have been honorably discharged and are required to show your discharge card. I'll need resumes which I can pass on to the subcontractors. These openings are for vets only.

This project has been named "Homes For Hero's" and it's housing for homeless veterans. I feel fortunate to be in a position to help those who have served our country and if it's a fellow local offroader it's even better.

Anyone interested can PM me for an address to send your resume to. Please include your trade and years of experience.

Thank you,

Andrew

Wow, thats awsome. Where is the work at? One location or all over the place? Thanks for posting this Andrew. I hope someone can use a job.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

The project is at the Supulveda V.A. and are two large former hospital buildings which will be gutted and remodeled into residential. I also have the word out in a couple of other places and I'm starting to get replies.

If anyone's interested don't wait. And if you don't have already have a resume send me a PM with your qualifications.

Comment

What about Nick? didn't he want to become an electrician?
        And yes this is a pretty darn cool thing to do for veterans

Comment

KOOL DEAL, Andrew :thumbs_up:thumbs_up
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm just hopeing to help out some that deserve it.

Comment

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Head nut at Outdoorlogic
              Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
              www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

I would reach out to the USMC Reserve unit in the SFV off of Balboa Ave. There should be an Officer in Charge of sorts that is able to pass this opportunity on to the various Reserve status Marines in the unit. I believe there is also an Army Reserve station off of Victory near the West side of the 405.

Us Marine Corps Reserve Trng.
                (818) 705-1318

6337 Balboa Blvd
                Encino, CA 91316
                Last edited by vwtipeii; 01-11-12, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Contact the local VA rep as well, they should be able to help you out. IF you can't get anywhere with the LA branch as they are usually swamped, call the Bakersfield rep, she will probably be able to get you a list names or at the very least post up your job. There is also the DVA or disabled vets administration that are always looking to place people.

Thanks for doing this, it is truly awesome.

Comment

I am the 1SG of my Reserve Unit and will put it out to my soldiers. I know a few of them that were in construction and can use work. I just hope they dont see the travel time as an issue since most of them are from the Inland Empire. Thank you for posting.

Comment

Working...
                    X