• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know where to find one of them cj8's
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

My unlimited will rock, pure and simple. I've got long range plans for it.

Comment

Was jawing with Mike Duncan at FXD and he was telling me about a fellow who took his Unlimited wheeling and was mighty PO'd when the tub was warped. Apparently, the frame is not as rigid as it should be.

Keep it in mind. May want to box the frame or otherwise stiffen it up.
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

I heard the same story. someone who could come up with an easy bolt on design to remidy this could make a few bucks i think.
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Wrangler frames are already boxed. I'd say that is just a story and not totally true.
            1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Everything has it's pro's and con's the long or short wheel base to each his own IT'S STILL A JEEP!!!! I happen to love the scramblers. The extra room and such. If your jeep is a trail jeep that fine you don't need a back seat. and your problem is fixed for space but if you have kids that like to out on the trails and your jeep is a daily driver you need the extra space and the seat. I would love the new unlimited but I could streach mine cheaper than it is to buy one by far and have a oringinal product!
              75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

Comment

Hey, for the record, I was just being an instigator while soliciting everyone's opinion on the Unlimited. I am pretty surprised to find most respondents like it...I also did not mean to imply that Cherokees are "wuss", either. I meant to imply (jokingly) that you are a wuss if you need more stuff...I am a die-hard when it comes to the shorter wheelbase. The quirkiness and compromises you have to make while driving a CJ/YJ/TJ (rough ride over the road, lack of interior space, etc)is just part of the deal, in my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                  That was such a big word, I had to look it up!

"a·mel·io·rate ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-mly-rt)
                  tr. & intr.v. a·me·lio·rat·ed, a·me·lio·rat·ing, a·me·lio·rates
                  To make or become better; improve. See Synonyms at improve."

And there you go!
                  Thank you TAM!!! I was beginning to wonder if I was pronouncing it wrong!!! It saved me a trip to the dictionary!!
                  1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                  Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
                  X