Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bin Laden

Thoughts on Bin Laden? God bless the USA.
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

They say they have a body. I have to say I'll believe it when I see a body.

Comment

Just saw the report that it was a firefight, not a bombing. This has been a very costly hunt, but at least shows the resolve of the American military. I work with a guy who lost his best friend in this war. There is a bit of satisfaction that it went down face to face. Let's hope that it doesn't boil over like the killing of an NVA general which caused heavy losses for our Marines. At least his hand isn't able to sign the check to fund a great portion of these activities.
      -sons of thunder

Comment

Look for the Middle East to explode in anger. Look for all types of terrorist attacks around the world and here in the USA. Okay, who is our next target?

I watched President Obama's annoucement. First time he's sounded Presidental...
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

They made a big deal out of saying that his body is being handled in accordance with islam. If it was an American, that would mean beaten and naked being dragged through the streets. I have no problem with being respectful of faiths. I just have a problem when we are the ones who make any attempt to show respect, and when we receive the afforementioned treatment, it's to be tolerated. Just sayin'...
          -sons of thunder

Comment

I would have liked to see his body on display at the 9-11 memorial in New York, but from a political and practical viewpoint his burial at sea somewhere is a good thing. No possibilities of pilgrimages or any of that nonsense, the murdering sand rat is gone and that is all there is to it
            Last edited by aw12345; 05-02-11, 03:54 AM.

Comment

this is not the end of al qaidas bs though. this war has been ten years in the making.osama has stuff on the back burner just in case he sholud be killed. we cannot let our guard down. on another note now that everyone has finally figured out how horrible of a president obama is he goes and captures bin laden. now hes going to be a hero. i would have rather seen bush catch binladen.

Comment

I was very please to hear that Osama Bin Laden is dead. I think that some attempt at retribution by the Al Qaeda should be expected. Hopefully it will not be a successful. I find myself comparing Al Qaeda to the Klu Klux Klan. Al Qaeda is the extremist group of the Islam and the KKK is the extremist group of the Christianity. Just like not all Christians are extremists, not all Muslims are extremists. A great many of the peace loving followers of Islam are happy to see Bin Laden gone. But barbaric actions like parading his body around town would do more than enrage the extremists it would also enrage entire nations of Islam. I think the Proverb goes.. "Be the change you want to see in the world." Just because they are disrespectful barbarians doesn't mean we should be. I am happy to see that he was buried at sea also. The last thing I want to see even on the news is a shrine to Bin Laden. I am never less than impressed with the Navy Seals. They embody the very best of what the USA is capable of. There has never been any doubt in my mind that they are absolutely unrivaled in the world at what they do.
                Last edited by OU812; 05-02-11, 10:11 PM. Reason: punctuation, some of us use it.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

scott do you need a tissue? lol

i think we should have hung his head from the top of the empire state building. you people are way to mushy when it come to this. what the f makes you think that just because we didnt make an example out of his remains that alqaida isnt going to stir up the pot? are you kidding me? we took out their leader. now they are going to be pissed either way. if we would have caught him just shortly after the 9-11 attacks america would have tortured him on live t.v. but now thats its been ten years later and there has been a huge islamic movement in our country everyone wants to do things politely. we nuked japan when they attacked us in world war 2 and had no remorse. why are we so soft now. americans are starting to make me sick with all of their bleeding hearts. cant anyone see that the rest of the world isnt slowing down on their weapons development and military tactics. we need to send a message and stay on top. not let foreign idiots blow our country to hell and then give them a lovely funeral when we catch them.

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
                    scott do you need a tissue? lol

i think we should have hung his head from the top of the empire state building. you people are way to mushy when it come to this. what the f makes you think that just because we didnt make an example out of his remains that alqaida isnt going to stir up the pot? are you kidding me? we took out their leader. now they are going to be pissed either way. if we would have caught him just shortly after the 9-11 attacks america would have tortured him on live t.v. but now thats its been ten years later and there has been a huge islamic movement in our country everyone wants to do things politely. we nuked japan when they attacked us in world war 2 and had no remorse. why are we so soft now. americans are starting to make me sick with all of their bleeding hearts. cant anyone see that the rest of the world isnt slowing down on their weapons development and military tactics. we need to send a message and stay on top. not let foreign idiots blow our country to hell and then give them a lovely funeral when we catch them.
                    Amen brother, the political correctness towards this very violent religion that has been hell bend on spreading it's doctrine to the world by any means deemed suitable is entirely misplaced.

Peaceful religion right? yet their religious law as laid out in the Koran, dictates lopping of body parts, public stonings etc, pretty gruesome and medival. Other than that ever since their number one profet came along the main goal of islam has been to either convert or wipe out the infidel, they deem us less than the dog doo on the bottom of their sandals. Nor is their doctrine in any way shape or form compatible with western ideas or life styles. Anywhere there are large groups of Muslims in the western world there is trouble brewing. look at all the trouble these so called oh so peacefull individuals cause in Europe and no we are not just talking about the religious fanatics. These people do not care to become part of the larger community nor do they care to live by the law of the land.
                    So to sum it up, peaceful nope, not in anyway shape or form

Comment

So what does Obama and the left got to say now about Waterboarbing and Gitmo? Maybe Bush was right about them and giving the CIA more money and personnel.
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
                        what the f makes you think that just because we didnt make an example out of his remains that alqaida isnt going to stir up the pot? are you kidding me? we took out their leader.
                        So when I said "I think that some attempt at retribution by the Al Qaeda should be expected" did you understand that to mean that I don't think Al Qaeda will try to stir the pot as you say?

My point is that Bin Laden is a symbol of the past even to Islamic nations. And a clear message was sent to all that would take his place. If you would like to take this kind of leadership role the United States will not stop till you are dead. Even if it takes ten years.

Psalms 58:10 The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

The Christian Bible is no more or less violent than the Quran. And extremist followers of both religions have murdered innocent people in the name of their gods.
                        Those left standing
                        Will make millions
                        Writing books on ways
                        It should have been
                        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Just because they are disrespectful barbarians doesn't mean we should be. I am happy to see that he was buried at sea also.

yes it does. other countries are starting to look at americas kindness as weakness. if we dont start acting like the america we started out as we will end up having to drop another nuke. think back to the revolutionary war. we tore the british apart just to make a claim that we are free men and we will die for it. and we had to do this just to get our country started. now we are soft and give terrorist murders burials at sea. all im saying is that we need to be the super power we are not the victim who will fight back if we have to. scott i meant no disrespect to you in any way, and in no way am i calling you a mushy sissy. but it starts right here with you and me brother. people forget that one man does make a difference and our forefathers of this country proved that years and years ago. i think they would be ashamed of us now and i truly believe this with every bit of my american heart. im not saying that we need to be the bad ass that just answers to any fight, but we need to be more than the guy who gets punched before he stands up for himself.

Comment

Maybe Bush was right about them and giving the CIA more money and personnel.

as bad as bush was i believe that he was on target with his obsession on terrorists. these attacks on 9-11 immediately threw him in the hot seat. maybe it was too much for him to handle. maybe it drove him insane. what he went through would have been a huge impact on any man who was in his postion. every one balmes bush for alot of things, but his presidency was probably one of the hardest in history. there was alot that went on in our country during the time of his presidency. i do think bush could have done things differently but if i had all the stuff he had on his plate on my plate... i might have made a few bad decisions myself. obama got in office just in time to clean up the mess. it wasnt bush that ran our economy into the ground and its not obamas fault that its still in the ground. its our own fault. as soon as we all realiaze this and can quit pointing the finger at our leader the faster our country can grow and become stronger. we as americans are supposed to back our leader no matter what. we are wrong for not doing our jobs as citizens. im only 26 years old and i dont know much about politics at all. but i have been wrong for my actions, my prejudices, and my negativity towards the president as well. but i do not blame it on my goverment when im out of work or when times get hard. there are plenty of ways to be successful in our country and its my fault that im not rich or wealthy. its my own laziness that holds me back in life. immigrants come to our country with out any direction. as much as we all hate it mexicans travel hundreds of mile through the desert without food or water knowing that they can be killed or sent right back on the other side of the fence. maybe we should start trying to see what they see. " the american dream".

Comment

Water boarding is torture, no matter which way you look at it, and those people that authorized it are subject to violations under International law. The US is a signatory to that treaty. The US sent Japanese soldiers to hard time in prison for water boarding. Where it gets tricky, is if we use it then other countries will use it on our soldiers or civilians, and we don't want that to happen to our citizens.
                              06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
                              07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Working...
                              X