Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally.

That's great news. The 18 was getting old with all the drivers that do not know how to drive on mountain roads.
    Check out .

Comment

I was going to ask if this was still open for my trip up on Sat.

Comment

Cool. Two weeks ago I got caught behind a motor home and about 50 cars on 38. took almost two hours to get to big bear.
        Come to the dark side.....
        We have Cookies!

Comment

Just in time for the Forest Fest Event too.

Comment

It was very nice to be able to take the 330 down from the mountains today. They are still doing work, but the road is as easy to drive as it has ever been. Glad to see it open!
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

We were in Lake Arrowhead on Saturday and the blinking signs in town said 330 was closed. We didn't plan on going down that way anyway but thought it was odd.

On a side note, be careful of all the driving rules up there - the cops are out in full effect harassing tourists for turning right out of the Village.
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                On a side note, be careful of all the driving rules up there - the cops are out in full effect harassing tourists for turning right out of the Village.
                They are out in force on the whole mountain. I have seen more CHP in the last 3 weekends then I have ever seen.
                Check out .

Comment

Yea I got popped for 75 in my jeep. Can you guys believe that. Well after a lot of phone calls and whining alot I just have to do traffic school. It is good to be gray and old.HeHe.
                  Last edited by curtis; 06-23-11, 03:37 PM.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                    They are out in force on the whole mountain. I have seen more CHP in the last 3 weekends then I have ever seen.
                    Yuuup.

Comment

I had a chippie follow me all the way down 330 from Running Springs last weekend. He didn't mess with me but I could tell he was pacing everyone looking for speeders.
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

CHP is bad up there. Bad from a harassment point of view. Got pulled over in a 2 month old vehicle for no license plates and while he didn't find anything there, he popped me for tinted windows just to be nice. This was after he was heading in the opposite direction on the 18 and flipped a u-turn and weaved in/out of traffic to catch up to me.

Comment

rookies lookin ta make them bones...
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

i hate chippys. they are fing useless. they always catch the guy whos just cruising 5 to 10 over but never get the real jerkoffs. and they are the last ones to show up when there is a wreck. imo they are a complete waste of tax dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
                              i hate chippys. they are fing useless. they always catch the guy whos just cruising 5 to 10 over but never get the real jerkoffs. and they are the last ones to show up when there is a wreck. imo they are a complete waste of tax dollars.
                              I think that is a little much...but I'll consider the source. I take it you never got a ticket from the CHP.
                              Check out .

Comment

maybe it was alittle much but i just cant stand them. i have had a few tickets from them. one guy gave me a speeding ticket for going 3 mph over the limit. the judge laughed and threw it out. they just always seem to hassle me over the dumbest things. last week my wife got harassed because the windows were dirty. i live in the desert. = dirty car no matter what. they always have the worst attitudes as well. very rude just because they can be. i have no problems with anyother law enforcement. just chps.

Comment

Working...
                                X