X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of two of ours

from an Email from a friend

Bad rollover last night. Ed and Annette Pounds
    California Highway Patrol, Kern County Fire, and Forest Service personnel were dispatched shortly after 6:00 p.m., Friday evening, to the popular off-road trailhead that leads to Black Gulch, Davis Station and Keyesville.

Officials at the scene reported the jeep left the trail, rolled, ejecting both occupants, and came to rest approximately 200 feet down the mountainside. They were pronounced dead at the scene.

The victims have been identified as Benca Kadar, 59, of Irvine, Calif., and Thomas Alan Johnson, 56, of Corona, Calif.

God Bless and Help to the families
    censored for having an opinion

http://kernrivervalley.bakersfieldno...n-canyon-fatal

Comment

Our prayers go out to their families. Please buckle up everytime.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Very sad! Prayers go out to their families.

Comment

A reminder to all of us.
          Seat belts, ALWAYS!!
          My prayers are with the families of both jeepers.

Comment

What a shame.
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

This is just sad and I am truly sorry for their families and friends. I still dont understand why people will wear a seatbelt on the highway but take it off or not wear it on a offroad trail that has the potential to kill you. The 5 seconds to buckle up could of saved their lives we all know it could of possibly been prevented. I am going to repeat it again "BUCKLE UP"!!! If you see someone on a trail not using their seat belt do them a favor and kindly remind them.

Comment

wow very sad
                Jim

Comment

Hate to hear stuff like this.

Comment

Hate to say it but wear your seatbelts, the damage to the Jeep is not all that severe, the rollcage did what it was supposed to do

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                      Hate to say it but wear your seatbelts, the damage to the Jeep is not all that severe, the rollcage did what it was supposed to do

agreed. It looks like the cage is all in tact.
                      Too bad some just refuse to do the simplest things to prevent death in an accident.
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post

Bence "The Crazy Hungarian & "The Holmes" TJ, Are gonna be very much missed. For us having the pleasure of having both these knuckle heads as customers and better yet as friends for about a year it feel's like we had known them for a much longer time. It sure is gonna suck not to have these guys around the shop goofing around with all of us. We had just took a quick ride with them on 5-30-2010 to Cleghorn to test their Jeep's for their up coming week off of work to do nothing else but to hang with the boys and do some Jeepin. The original plan was Rubicon, But weather conditions led them elsewhere.
                        That Jeep he rolled belonged to us, He decided to sell his YJ, buy our TJ and have it built just the way he wanted it. Like a kid in a candy store. TJ a great person that loved anything that had to do with outdoors whether it be fishing,hunting or off roading. Before Bence left the shop that tuesday before their accident, We had told him that his Jeep was gonna be on the cover of our new business card and the first thing out of his mouth was "DO YOU HAVE PUBLISHING RIGHTS" just a little something that jack ass would say. Man we are truly gonna miss both you guys deeply. Here's a picture of TJ his wife and his dog next to his Suburban, A picture of Bence's Jeep and a picture of Bence and Chris that works here at the shop. All took that sunday at Cleghorn.
                        May you both R.I.P Brothers.
                        Attached Files
                        :shout:[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"].WE DO REAR ENDS.[/COLOR]

brothers4x4.com
                        facebook.com/brothers4x4
                        brothers4x4.biz

Comment

Wow. Really sad. RIP.
                          Check out .

Comment

I didnt know these guys, soo sorry for your loss.

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I have not yet posted regarding the incident, but you guys at Brothers summed up Bence and TJ and know how much they were looking forward to the Rubicon trip. THEY WILL BE MISSED!

"Cop" Mike
                              [COLOR="#FF0000"]ANGRY MIDDLE CLASS WHITE GUY![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X