Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be aware

My friend's friend got his doors stolen off his jeep.He reported it to the cops and they said that 8 other jeeps doors were ripped off in his area(near Hermosa Beach, CA).All of the doors were full.Just be aware and watch out for these thiefs!

That sucks..........I've been considering getting outside locks for my doors.
    *Pebbles* 02 Sport Canyon Package
    Rockers by JCFabAndDesign.com/XM Commander
    Jeep Owner since '96 87YJ

Comment

Thats a bummer man! I'm not too far away from Hermosa. I've always wondered if anybody has had theirs doors stolen . . . I guess that answers that:mad:
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

just take the doors off for the summer and put them in the garage
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

The sad part is they are easy for the crooks to get, and even easier to sell.

I had a buddy who got his stolen about a year ago and shortly after they were gone he found them at our local junkyard of all places. He went there looking to find replacement doors only to find his there for sale. All the identification markings had been removed, but he was 100% sure the doors were his. Plenty of identifying marks on the doors that made the ID of them easy for him.

The junkyard didn't have any paperwork on the guy who sold them the doors i guess it was a cash deal or something. My buddy notified the cops, but there wasn't much they could do for him either. He ended up buying his origional doors back from the junkyard and not getting his insurance company involved.

Sad when you have to pay to get your stolen doors back and the cops can't do anything for you.
          [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
          AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
          15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
          33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
          FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
          Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
          RE Hand Throttle
          Optima Red Top
          K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

maybe it was the dude at the junkyard!!