Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeepGal
    replied
    well ummm...I initially paid over $12,000 to federal, and $4000 to state, but I got the majority of it back. I HATE having them withhold so much. But theres nothing I can do about it. At least I get a decent refund at the end of the year. For obvious reasons, I had my taxes done and filed on the 10th of January. Had my refund the first week of Feb.

Tam

Leave a comment:

• king4wd2
    replied
    Originally posted by PondScum
    We got back about $2,000 this year, but i just received a letter from the IRS today saying we owe them $900 because our last years daycare expenses weren't calculated correctly.

Time to call my tax guy and chew some butt!!!

Hey Pondscum! Is your wife a licensed daycare provider? Just wondering because I just opened up a home daycare last June. Are you able to write off most of your utilities?

Sandra

Leave a comment:

• mikeythefireman
    replied
    Originally posted by igofshn
    Super 35 with detroit and brand new spare axles with disc brakes,4.10 gears = $1200

Uh, nevermind. That's a lot more than I thought. Looking at the kit prices, that's probably right, though.

Unfortunately I found an 8.8 set up for a TJ with a Detroit for 900. I won't tell any of your potential customers, though.

I can't afford either today, but hopefully before I hit the Rubicon in August.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    I am getting back about 200 bucks, yup I waited until the nite before

Leave a comment:

• igofshn
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeythefireman
    Really? When you plannin' on doing this? How much recouping are we talking about here?

It'd be nice to buy an axle that would be essentially a bolt in for me. And it'd give me a reason to convince the wife I need to regear the front.
    Super 35 with detroit and brand new spare axles with disc brakes,4.10 gears = $1200

Leave a comment:

• mikeythefireman
    replied
    30 in the front is fine. It will handle 35's no problem. Maybe eventually a HP 30 but for now I'd like to do the rear. I'll sell the Super35 (with spare axles and disc brakes)I have to help recoup some of the cash.
    Really? When you plannin' on doing this? How much recouping are we talking about here?

It'd be nice to buy an axle that would be essentially a bolt in for me. And it'd give me a reason to convince the wife I need to regear the front.

Leave a comment:

• igofshn
    replied
    Originally posted by goodtimes
    Nice!

Why 9"? Most people I know are upgrading the front before the rear. Hell, for $2600, why not both ends?
    30 in the front is fine. It will handle 35's no problem. Maybe eventually a HP 30 but for now I'd like to do the rear. I'll sell the Super35 (with spare axles and disc brakes)I have to help recoup some of the cash.

Leave a comment:

• igofshn
    replied
    Originally posted by PondScum
    We got back about $2,000 this year, but i just received a letter from the IRS today saying we owe them $900 because our last years daycare expenses weren't calculated correctly.

Looks like some tax guy owes you $900

Leave a comment:

• PondScum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    Getting back $2600. time for something cool. Maybe a Ford 9".
    Nice!

I had to write the check yesterday for Kalifornia. Had to pay taxes on $$$ I earned in Arizona, while I was a resident of Arizona. I'm still trying to figure out how that is legal. :mad:

Why 9"? Most people I know are upgrading the front before the rear. Hell, for $2600, why not both ends?

Leave a comment:

• igofshn
    replied
    Getting back $2600. time for something cool. Maybe a Ford 9".

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    damn, someone pays more property tax than I do! Of course, the assessed value of yours is probably more than mine. I think I am paying $19.92 per $1K of assessed value.

Leave a comment:

• bellyscraper
    replied
    My house taxes were around $3,000.00 but my returns for this year were $4,800.00

Leave a comment:

• jeepchick1979
    replied
    Originally posted by JeepGal
    Cool

I snickered a bit with the "tossin the kids up there" comment.

Too funny

Shame you cant come out to Cali and wheel with us.

Tam
    Yeah I would love to get a little more West but its not in the cards in the near future

Leave a comment:

• goodtimes
    replied
    I got in for 0 down, 0 points, 6.0%, and the seller paid $3500 of the closing costs. It costs me less than $100/month more than my rent did in San Pedro (2 bedroom apt)....total "move in" (remainder of closing costs) was just over a grand.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X