Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who's paid their taxes and how much?

woo. just finished my fed and state taxes.

after all my deductions and stuff, a whopping $470 w/ $0 state tax.

I love being in business for myself.

What bout the rest of ya? (know its kinda a personal question)
    beer.. the cause of, and solution to.. all of life's problems. Come find me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000361801890

Haven't done mine yet. Last year I paid about 2K. This year I should get a refund.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

i got a refund check. it happen when you have house debt, and a bunch of kids
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Got a killer tax dude and were getting back a $ZILLION bucks.......it's slowing already spending itself before the check even gets here.
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Mine is all figured up, and sitting here, waiting for me to write the check. I'm giving CA another $300 on top of what I already paid them. The way the state figures tax for part year residents is stupid. CA is figuring my tax based off of what I made in both AZ and CA, divided by the % of the year I spent in CA. Since I make more here than I did there, I am in a higher tax bracket, and now have to pay them more, even though while I lived there, I paid the tax appropriate to the amount of money I made (lower tax bracket).

AZ on the other hand doesn't care what I made while in CA, they only tax me based off of what I made here, and the % of the year that I was here.

CA and their crooked tax system can bite my a**! :mad:

Ok, I feel better now.

EDIT*****

All told, I paid just shy of $18K.

Ok, I don't feel better anymore, I think I'm gonna go puke.
          Last edited by goodtimes; 04-06-04, 10:19 PM.
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Hey guys dont feel so bad. Im 15 and im paying taxes. All be it only 85 bucks it's still my hard earned money. Luckily i had some deductions. originally it was around 170 bucks. Can you belive it! the gov't is already taking my money.
            B R E T T
            87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

I owed CA half of what I'm getting back from the fed. man I need more write offs. if i could only deduct jeep mods.... :yay:
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

We rec'd a healthy return. Yes, it does help that you have kids and a house to write off. Next year, I will be claiming my daycare and more write offs i.e., electric, phone & gas, etc. Our returns was spent on Jeep mods and road bike equipment. Marvin will be getting a 4" lift installed sometime this month and bigger tires ! YAY

Now I just need a step ladder to climb in when I get further along in my pregnancy
                1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                  ....if i could only deduct jeep mods.... :yay:

ah. all depends on your job. If you've used your jeep in the pursuit of your business, or for inventory etc. you can. I got to write off my winch this year because the times i've used it i was pursuing inventory on private property or for maintenance at my shop.
                  beer.. the cause of, and solution to.. all of life's problems. Come find me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000361801890

Comment

Done and spent the refund already. I'm technically a WA state resident and we don't have state taxes, so I only had to worry 'bout the Feds. First full year living in the condo so we had a healthy deduction from the interest. Didn't get to play with the money, though. Hadda replace my brake system.
                    I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                    1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

I got 6 K back and spent it 2 months ago on bills and Jeep stuff. Got a 5.5 SPOA lift for my YJ and some 33's. Next year hoping to get some cool toys to bolt on too So that made it about 7 inches of suspension lift total....Getting harder to toss the kids way up there...lol
                      There's mud out there, and it's calling my name!!!

Comment

Cool

I snickered a bit with the "tossin the kids up there" comment.

Too funny

Shame you cant come out to Cali and wheel with us.

Tam
                        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                          I owed CA half of what I'm getting back from the fed. man I need more write offs. if i could only deduct jeep mods.... :yay:
                          Brian,

Buy a house. Lots of deductions.
                          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                            Brian,

Buy a house. Lots of deductions.
                            that's the plan eventually... now if i only had $300 grand.
                            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Only need 20% of the 300K, that's 60K. The bank provides the remainder, unless you are planning on getting a $1.5 million crib.

Then you can borrow against equity and pay off non-deductible loans as the interest on the mortgage IS deductible. Ask your tax professional about it!
                              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Working...
                              X