Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really happy to hear this! Can't wait to see pics of your new pup!
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

You notice Kurt wasn't mad at the puppy. I'm sure he's done the exact same thing in a vehicle..... what with Patron and stuff.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
        You notice Kurt wasn't mad at the puppy. I'm sure he's done the exact same thing in a vehicle..... what with Patron and stuff.
        Bingo! Roger, I can't get mad at this dog no matter what. He tries as hard as he can to make me mad, but he's such a good little shit and is so much fun. He likes my socks and underwear; he makes a pile of them in the back yard. He does it right before the lawn sprinklers turn on at 5 in the morning so I think he feels he's doing laundry for me. I do often yell at him to get a job...
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I dont know why you had such a hard time there Kurt. Rubi slept the entire way home No puke or nothin'

Not to say that she hasnt puked in the car. She puked after we got up to Big Bear (after the twisty turny part) for tree planting. I think she was about 4 months old at the time. Of course, those twisty turny roads in Big Bear even make me a little queezy.

Glad to hear its all working out for you and your family. Did you call her back to discuss the older one?

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
            Did you call her back to discuss the older one?
            Tam

Yes. We'll see them all tommorow and make decisions then.
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Wow Nathan,

I just read this thread for the first time. What a roller coaster. All I can say is that Roxy had a purpose and is in a better place now. Hope all turns out for your family. Dogs sure have a special place in our lives. Good luck

Comment

We headed out to Yucca Valley on Friday to look at the puppies the breeder that Tam (JeeepGal) and Kurt (Rat Patrol) have used.

We came home with a beautiful 15 week old pup that we named Cocoa. She is a mini Australian Sheppard, and is very cute. This definitely goes a long way towards healing. Here are a couple of photos.

PS: She traveled pretty well. She wasn't "happy" to ride in the car, but she did fine.

I have short video of the cute little sounds she made on the way home. I'll link to it when it's done processing.
                Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Very cute!

Comment

Glad everything worked out so well for you and the family.
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

ADORABLE!

Once again, Congrats on your new family member! Glad its all working out

Tam
                      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

If your puppy is going to be anything like Kurt's Ozzie, you'll have a great dog. Just remember to puppy proof your home. Good luck.

Comment

Congratulations! That's a very cute puppy and Ausie's are great dogs. Hope Turbo has a chance to meet Cocoa out on the trail one of these days! Really happy to see things working out. This should really help speed up the healing process . . . puppies have a way of mending hearts.
                          Last edited by Schmo; 04-03-10, 04:43 PM.
                          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Congrats. When the time is right I suggest puppy school down at PetSmart. We are almost done with the 8 week session and it has helped alot and is a good opportunity for interaction with other pups. Good Luck!!

Comment

Cocoa, Ozzi says hey there!

Congrats to you guys for sticking in there. Get lots of chewy toys; it will save your sanity and your belongings. And if you have nice, fluffy pillows and good sheets, beware! Major chew toys for the Aussie. Down comforters too. Ever come home to a snow storm in your house?
                              Last edited by RAT; 04-03-10, 09:00 PM.
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

right on nathan glad to see u didnt let what happened to roxy slow u down. your daughter looks very happy. good luck with the pup.

Comment

Working...
                                X