Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new home!!

I found this poor dog in the middle of Hwy 18 today on my way home from work. I think the car 2 cars in front of me dumped her. I need to find her a home. GP4PLAY told me I can't keep her. Our we both wind up homeless.
    She is really sweet, gets along with my other 5 dogs and my 3 cats. Very playful. She rides in the car beautifully. she only weighs about 20 to 25 pounds, looking at her teeth she is about a year old small border collie mix

PLease call me if interested. 760-247-6581

Last edited by JeepGal; 03-21-10, 05:50 PM. Reason: fixed the pic for ya!

Border Collies make AWESOME Jeepin Dogs!~
    Id take her, but Ive got my hands full with the three dogs I have now.

Good luck!

Tam
    Last edited by JeepGal; 03-21-10, 05:50 PM.
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

that thing is uglier than sin take it to the pound. just kidding ill see if i can find someone.

Comment

Wow, let me show this to my wife.
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

she really looks like Zoe, except a brown tri, instead of a blue merle.

I bet shes border collie/Aussie. Zoe is the absolutely BEST Jeepin' Dog Shes just a bit smaller than Zoe. Perfect size!

Ive been telling folks, but most either dont want ANOTHER dog, or have gotten too used to not having one. (you know who you are!)

Tam

Comment

What's your deadline for how long you're going to keep her? If nobody takes her by your deadline, I might know somebody who's interested.
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Wife said yes!

TreadLightly Trainer
              HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

Awesome. Those are cool dogs. You will love her.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Nathan ,Thank you,thank you,thank you.Thanks everyone for the interest and help.
                  Mat,there really wasn't a dead line,my Bark is worse then my Bite when it comes to animal in need,but I'm the only one that says no more.They have 5 dogs,3 cats,3 tortoise(sp.)and 2 hampsters.
                  Dennis and Tammy
                  Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Dr. Dolittle, Dennis?

Comment

Nathan, congrats on the new trail dog!

Dennis, I'm glad it found a good home.
                      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Every weekend I see more dogs wandering the desert. I even see them roaming around my neighborhood. I'd take one in but after my last dog I decided no more dogs until the property is completely fenced . It's just not fair to the dog or my neighbors. I'll be getting another one from a shelter when I get a fence up.

Most these wandering dogs fall prey to packs of coyotes. Had a neighbors beagle get eat up the other night. I heard the coyotes going nuts, opened the door and yelled at them but it was to dark to see what was happening. The next day the Beagle was long gone. Talked to the neighbor and he was saying he's been shooting squirels and rabbits and tossing them over his fence into an empty lot. I'm sure this is what got his dog eaten. They came for there usual squirel and rabbit supper and when there was none they just pulled the beagle out from under his fence. Feeding Coyotes creates a huge problem.

Comment

Nathan, congrats, that,s awesome..betcha yer daughter fell in love with her as well as YOU and the wife..hope she rides well in the jeep..Good stuff..
                          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Here's the back story. My kids have wanted a dog for as long as I can remember, but we really did not have time to care for one. About 4 years ago I bought a stuffed toy dog that Megan named "Tango" and it has become part of our family, and goes everywhere with us:

My wife has been resolute about not having a dog to care for, as her plate is pretty full. But all our friends bring dogs on trips, and our extended family all have dogs, and growing up, my wife and I both had dogs. Saying no has been harder and harder. This past weekend 8 year old Megan was playing with Tango and had made up a leash and collar using some odds and ends and seeing her do this literally melted my wife's heart and brought her to tears.

Then we see this beautiful little collie needing a family, and all I can say is that the timing is perfect. Especially now that the kids are a bit older (8 and 12) and can take an active roll in taking care of a animal.

We have the perfect backyard and the lower floor of the house is all laminate and tile and ready for a dog.

The only real challenge is going to be figuring out how to bring 5 of us in the Jeep on trips now. This has actually been more and more of a challenge over the past few months. When we were forced to sell the Land Rover, we really gave up capacity and the capability for longer range overnight trips.

So now with a dog added to the mix, I think I'm going to have to buy a new ride....I think I'm going to sell the Volvo daily driver and buy an older Land Cruiser. With minimal build out, we can take the family out to off road camping trips with plenty of room for gear and the new addition to our family!

We are going to pick her up from Dennis and Tammy in Calico this Saturday. My wife is super excited and can't hold it in as a secret, so we are going to break the news tonight. She is going to drive to the pet depo and tell the kids to pick out collars and bowls and so forth, and shock them with the news why!

So, receiving this dog is really going to change our lives!
                            Last edited by nwoods; 03-22-10, 09:10 PM.

TreadLightly Trainer
                            HAM - KI6PFO

Comment

That is such an awesome story!

Zoe, Rubi and Ozzie are going to have a new cousin to play with!

Tam

Comment

Working...
                              X