Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Jeep was stolen earlier this evening.

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jeep was stolen earlier this evening.

Please be on the lookout guys, my '97 Jeep was stolen from my office parking lot in San Diego early this evening.

License plate JEEPNJB

I'm sure it's across the Mexican border by now but...

The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

that is a bitch. sorry to hear this
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Jerry I'm so sorry to hear about that. I'll keep my eye out up this way. Always hate to hear about these.

Comment

That sucks! Complete B.S.

Am I confused with someone else, or did you have some sort of kill switch setup?
        holes = cowbell

Comment

Sorry to hear about that! If I see anything, I will let you know.

Comment

Wow! Sorry to hear about this, Jerry. Good luck on it's safe return. I'll definitely lookout for it around here.
            "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Jerry,

I know there's little hope of it being recovered, but you never know. Did you have theft insurance on it?
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                Jerry,

I know there's little hope of it being recovered, but you never know. Did you have theft insurance on it?
                It is covered but only for actual cash value with a $1000 deductible. I'm going to get screwed on all the stuff I've done to it.

Comment

Im so sorry to hear that Jerry!

We'll keep an eye out for it up here.

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
                    It is covered but only for actual cash value with a $1000 deductible. I'm going to get screwed on all the stuff I've done to it.
                    Some policies have your "extra" stuff covered if you have receipts on the stuff done. Worth checking into.

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                      That sucks! Complete B.S.

Am I confused with someone else, or did you have some sort of kill switch setup?
                      That's what I thought. I would like to know this also. I had my F-350 stolen out of my driveway about 3 weeks ago. I was lucky and got it back in less than 12 hours with minimal damage. Now both truck and jeep have autopage 2 way paging alarms and kill switches. I put a microwave sensor in the jeep also.

Good luck Jerry. I hope you get it back. The insurance will screw you. That's their business. They did the same on my truck and I got it back.

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                        Guilty of not having done the very same kill switch mod I've shown others how to do. I hadn't done it myself yet because my TJ stays locked in my garage most of the time. I had just driven it to work the last few days after having recently completed some mods. If I felt my Jeep was parked in a bad area, I would pull the ASD relay. My company parking lot is not exactly easy to find/see, I wonder if I was followed into the lot after lunch.
                        Last edited by Jerry Bransford; 03-04-10, 10:51 PM.

Comment

GOD I hate to hear about this stuff.

Keep a look out on craigslist and I wish you the best!.

This is what causes me complete paranoia when i drive my jeep anywhere! Anymore, if im not in it or eyesight of it, i dont drive it.If I MUST, I pull the ignition coil wire, keep the trans case in neutral, lock the steering wheel and i have a stupid prolock anti theft switch thats probably worthless back from 96 when i bought my tj new.

And to just drive it after you keep it garaged and did mods,,, I can relate and it sends chills down my spine.. I would have a fdflkjn aneurism if i lost my jeep. F*%k! GOOD luck!
                          Last edited by brokenujoint; 03-04-10, 10:49 PM.
                          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Sorry to hear this, Jerry. I am praying you get her back.

I took my Jeep in to my insurance and had them take pictures of her with all the mods. I also sent them an email with a detailed list of everything added to my Jeep so it is on file. I also printed out the stuff online from the TV show that states everything they did to her for them to include in my file. They really liked the itemized shopping cart list I created and printed out with all the prices on it. They are aware if there is any accident or issue that stock parts will not work to fix it. My rates are the same as my car.

Comment

Jees, sorry to hear that Jerry, I'll definitely keep an eye out, I know what your Jeep looks like. I'll give you a call (and then the cops) if I see it.

Where in SD is your office? SD proper? or SD County? I remember seeing you in Carlsbad (Pat & Oscars) about a mile from my work... you near that? I better keep the Jeep in the garage!
                              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X