Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper

Over the years we had quite a variety of dogs. They included mixed breeds, Doberman, Airedale, Australian Shepard, Brittney, German Short Hair Pointer, Tosa and American Bulldog. We typically have two or three dogs at a time. Hands down Nikko, our Cane Corso, was the was the most confident, intelligent, easiest to train and most eager to please of any of the dogs we've had. He was a great family member being clean, quite and very affectionate.

We lost Nikko last year and while I usually move on to another breed, all I could think about was getting another Corso. And we did. This is Cooper at 8.5 weeks old.

That's a great looking pup there Andrew . . . congrats! Looks like he's going to be a big dog . . . I'm not familiar with this breed . . . how big do the males usually get?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
      That's a great looking pup there Andrew . . . congrats! Looks like he's going to be a big dog . . . I'm not familiar with this breed . . . how big do the males usually get?
      What you don't see in the pictures is the steam shovel they need to pick up poop!
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Already getting into trouble. Gooood boy...
        Congrats guys!
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Cool looking pup.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

[QUOTE [/QUOTE]

Looks like he already has the Jeep Bug,he likes going off road.
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Joe, he should be a little bigger than Turbo. Nikko was 127lbs and Cooper should be around the same.

GP, hopefully an off roader but definitely an excavator. Animal instincts are amazing, even at only 8 weeks. He came from the frozen mid-west and hadn't been outside until we got him last week. We gave him a marrow bone and without so much as licking it he jumped into the planter and disappeared behind a bush. A few seconds later he reappeared without the bone. We looked behind the bush and it was gone. We knew it was way too big for him to swallow so we looked again. He had buried it. We washed it off an gave it to him again and he did the same thing. So we washed it off again and I grabbed the video camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT0exO23QCY

Comment

nice dog.
                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Hes gorgeous and gonna be huge
                  [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Cute puppy. I believe one of my neighbors breeds those Corsos. Apparently they make great guard dogs. He's already looking really muscular for a puppy. If he grows up to be close to a 130 lbs of muscle that will be one powerful dog.

His bone must not have been ripe enough for his tastes. Yum.
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

Next time try the pound. So many great dogs get put to sleep every month. Such a loss. Our current dog is from the pound. What a great dog.

Comment

i love corsos. u dont see alot of them around and most people dont know what they are and mistake them for english mastiffs. any way nice dog the the tan and black muzzle looks wicked.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Nikko was shown in conformation. He was a triple champion and was the youngest Corso to win a master championship. We waited a long time for the breeding that produced him. It's still too early to tell, but at this stage Cooper is showing better conformation.

Nikko @ 14 months.

Cooper today @ 9.5 weeks.

Last edited by Double AA; 02-23-10, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA View Post
                            LOL Yeah he's got the"keep it for later"down good.
                            Never heard of this breed either,but it's a damn good looking dog.Hey,I'll trade ya the wife's Poodle for it!!
                            Dennis and Tammy
                            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Working...
                            X