Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after 29 yrs driving a cj-5 - t150 three sped ,401 ci. engine. one rotator cuff sugery and bought 1999 wrangler w/auto trans. can't beat the auto for slow starts.
    cj-5 = 2.5 lift, rancho 5000's a/c ps tilt , tach, clock and new mtrs thought it was the s@#$. Then bought '99 tj w/auto and 2.5 lift and same shocks, can't beat it as far as i'am concerned!

Comment

Wow, a lot of people here seem to have been drinking the Kool Aid.

Friends don't let friends drive auto's.

I'm afraid it's time that we have a mass intervention.

I know we can't save them all, but maybe just one or two and we will have made a difference.

Comment

Real men drive stick.
        holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
          Real men drive stick.
          Real men are gays.
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69 View Post
            Real men are gays.
            That was the most stupid comment Ive ever read!

However, I have to side with the Auto Tranny side here. I purchased a Jeep with a manual transmission, and here I am 7 years later, preparing to put in an auto.

When I get it done, I challenge you to follow us with your manual through Sledgehammer...or Rubicon...anywhere that requires feathering of the clutch. I stalled the Jeep more times then I could count at Rubicon this last week.

Auto transmissions are way better.

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
            Real men drive stick.
            By the way...Does that make me a real man?

Tam
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
              Real men are gays.
              Sorry you had to find out here, Tammy.

Believe me, I've been stalling a lot since my 1st gear started going out--now it's pretty much out, so I'm not currently humping rocks. On the upside, all my other gears work fine. I'm no longer taking this argument seriously, but I'll accept that an automatic has the advantage in the rocks. A stick is superior for everything else.

By the way...Does that make me a real man?
              Thankfully, no. A real man would have enjoyed stalling with his stick--it's part of the challenge that makes it fun.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                That was the most stupid comment Ive ever read!
                I actually laughed when I first read it... of course I was drunk...

Tam, I doubt you stalled more times than you can count. You're one of the best drivers I've seen out wheeling, even with a manual!
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Stalling with my stick

I'd like to qualify my previous assertions about manual v. auto.

Assuming the gearing is appropriate for your vehicle and the task at hand, how well a good manual performs all boils down to the skill of the operator.
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

Russ drives a stick, and goes anywhere and everywhere. 'nuff said.
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Working...
                    X