Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
    Her cell works in a national park? how? what? who got the permit to put up cell towers in the national park? WTF? call 911? really?
    Yeah, pretty funny huh. I'm pretty sure she said she didn't have a signal. Help! I'm being chased by a *gulp*....
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

There you go, on yer permit app just write that you frequently go places where there is no cell signal and 911 does not apply. Or even better, just ditch the cell alltogether and tell them yer 911 service of choice is provided by S&W...
      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
        Actually, several states honor CA CCW permits

AK, AZ, ID, IN, KY, MI, MO, MT, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USReciprocity.pdf
        True statement Jeff, Also, there is a question on the California "hand gun safety certificate" test if you can carry a holstered side arm at your camp site and the answer is yes. But try and tell that to the LEO that is being a prick for whatever reason and see what happens.
        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
          Her cell works in a national park? how? what? who got the permit to put up cell towers in the national park? WTF? call 911? really?
          Lots of national parks have cell towers. I just heard that Yellowstone is looking at upgrading a lot of their analog towers to digital.
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

oh yeah, I guess I got national park and wilderness mixed up in my head, the national parks can cater to certain commercial interest I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
              Lots of national parks have cell towers. I just heard that Yellowstone is looking at upgrading a lot of their analog towers to digital.
              Death Valley hasn't gotten the memo on this yet. Their website states specifically that there is no cell service in Death Valley. So far, I haven't been able to prove them wrong. That's just ONE of the many reasons that I love that area!

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
              I went salmon fishing in Alaska and the guy I was with brought his .45. Fishermen are killed every year by bears. To be out there without a way of protecting yourself is just foolish.
              On a related note (and I am sure that this will send Old Fart into a research frenzy), I am told that the SBNF has a long standing rule that a loaded firearm may be carried as long as you are also carrying a fishing pole. This has been held in place to allow the fisherman to defend himself from bears.
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

sweet! I'll get one of those fold up jobs, and carry a fish pole right in a holster next to my packin' Iron!

Comment

Working...
                X