Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ron,

Glad you made it out! I'm close too if you ever need a helping hand! I'll PM you my cell too.

Scott
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Ron, since you are new to this stuff, you might want to drive out to HDR just south of Barstow this weekend and look around. There is link here:

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14182

You can just show up and look around. A number of vendors will be there. Lots and lots of Jeeps to look at and talk to the owners. The main runs are on Sat and on Sun there are vehicle games. The club I am in has run the Teeter Totter for years. Stop by and say hi. If you meet the safety requirements (on the web page), you can participate in the runs and games. Costs nothing to just look. A good place to get your feet wet.
      Rich

Comment

[QUOTE=tony m;132193]
        Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
        JeepGal,

I learned my lesson. I also learned what we need too when we go.

Ron, like you said 'thank God'. There's always that chance...
        I'm glad everything worked out for you, seems like you also have an extraordinary family pitching in!

One thing to put on your 'required list': Tow Strap. Even if you don't need it for yourself...theres always a chance you might use it for someone else in need.
        I agree. It's on my loooong list. But, it's at the top! Funny part was...I missed Church and thought awwww man. Someone is upset But, it worked out.

Comment

Glad you and the family are ok. Lesson learned. Just some friendly advise. Invest in some recovery gear before you worry about lift kits and gearing.
          Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
            I did air down AFTER getting stuck to 15psi. But, didn't help.
            15 psi is high for soft deep sand. Think 5-8. If you don't have air-up and re-bead stuff with you, keep out of deep sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Ron,

You wouldn't believe how many times I've ran into stranded bikes, quads, trucks, Jeeps etc. They had no water, food, communications equipment, first aid kit - nothing! People die from not being prepared.

Earning my Eagle Scout Badge when I was a kid I still subscribe to the Boy Scout motto: "Be prepared".

It sounds like you learned a valuable lesson over this. I'll PM you my phone numbers.
              Sounds good! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                Glad you and the family are ok. Lesson learned. Just some friendly advise. Invest in some recovery gear before you worry about lift kits and gearing.
                Your right!

Comment

I’ve only ever used a Hi-Lift when I was alone. IMO they are kind of dangerous. But the best tool for the job when you need to lift the Jeep out of a hole and stack rocks.
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                    Just some friendly advise. Invest in some recovery gear before you worry about lift kits and gearing.
                    True,. some good sage advise. Do your self a favor, start with a good recover strap and fire extinguisher.
                    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
                    X