Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering alot of you voted for Arnold ...

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Considering alot of you voted for Arnold ...

    How are you going to vote this time around?
    Prop 55, 56, 57, 58?

    I think we're voting NO all across the board.

    VOTE TUESDAY MARCH 2
    Last edited by sarah; 02-23-04, 10:18 AM.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

  • #2
    I know for Prop 55 & 56 NO. 57& 58, not sure yet, still doing research on it.

    My main issue is the Measure X for Hesperia (Indian Casino).
    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
    Glad to be back in California!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by king4wd2
      My main issue is the Measure X for Hesperia (Indian Casino).
      I was wondering what that was all about. Only people in Hesperia can vote on X? Somehow I was convinced that the casino was going in already and we didn't need to vote.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

      Comment


      • #4
        On props:
        55- no. This is a bond for public schools, but it would put to much of a load on the general fund at this time. Its better to wait until after the debt restrucure(prop 57) goes into effect first.
        56-no. This is not accountability as so many ads say. This is tax increases. Many in the state assembly feel its better to increase tax revenue than control spending and this prop allows them to do just that. A no vote forces the state government to control itself.
        57- yes. This is similar to doing a refi on your house. It restructures the existing state debt at a lower rate. It will be paid out of the general fund- no new taxes, and will save loads in interest.
        58- yes. This is an amendment to the state constitution requiring a balanced budget. It simply makes sense. Note: both 57&58 must pass for either to take effect. if one of the two fails to pass then both go down.
        On Measure X: Yes
        The casino is coming sooner or later. Thr tribe already has the land and permission to build. Measure X eases the red tape and nets Hesperia $14.7 million a year for the next ten years. This will help with needed improvements to the police and fire depts, schools and roads. Otherwise we will see an increase in property and utility taxes to cover these improvements.
        It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

        '98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
        and Kargomaster rack.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm not a CA voter so I don't pay attention to this crap. I do know what I'm voting for in WA state, though.
          I'm a Daddy!!

          [COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

          2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
          1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by king4wd
            On Measure X: Yes
            The casino is coming sooner or later. Thr tribe already has the land and permission to build. Measure X eases the red tape and nets Hesperia $14.7 million a year for the next ten years. This will help with needed improvements to the police and fire depts, schools and roads. Otherwise we will see an increase in property and utility taxes to cover these improvements.
            I don't think that having the Indians throw the local community "a bone" goes nearly far enough. Until they start paying their full share of state and federal taxes on the revenue generated by their casinos, I'm boycotting all of them. When are people in this country going to realize that the Indian Nations were defeated, and should have been assimilated into American society from the beginning. As far as I'm concerned, I'm as "Native American" as anyone of Indian heritage (after all, I was born and raised in America; that makes me a native. In fact, I'm going to start listing myself as "Native American" anytime my ethnic background is requested). Additionally, the American Indians were immigrants at one time as well (they migrated from asia over the Bearing Straights land bridge, or from the south American continent). They need to pay their fair share to more than just the local communities surrounding their billion dollar casinos...

            Comment


            • #7
              I think we should legalize gambling completely, just like Nevada. We wouldn't have a shrotfall again.
              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by igofshn
                I think we should legalize gambling completely, just like Nevada. We wouldn't have a shrotfall again.
                Heh... you can have some of the dozens of casinos we have in the local area here in MI if you want...
                Erik

                I fix things.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by king4wd
                  On props:

                  57- yes. This is similar to doing a refi on your house. It restructures the existing state debt at a lower rate. It will be paid out of the general fund- no new taxes, and will save loads in interest.

                  58- yes. This is an amendment to the state constitution requiring a balanced budget. It simply makes sense. Note: both 57&58 must pass for either to take effect. if one of the two fails to pass then both go down.
                  On 57:
                  From the supplement book
                  Prop 57 doesn't end our deficit. It postpones and then increases it ... it will cost more than 2000.00 per family in interest.

                  On 58:
                  From the supplement book
                  This proposition doesn't limit spending!
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TrAvELAr
                    Heh... you can have some of the dozens of casinos we have in the local area here in MI if you want...
                    No thank you. We already have some of the largest in the state right here...
                    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Good point...

                      Originally posted by PRegner
                      I don't think that having the Indians throw the local community "a bone" goes nearly far enough. Until they start paying their full share of state and federal taxes on the revenue generated by their casinos, I'm boycotting all of them. When are people in this country going to realize that the Indian Nations were defeated, and should have been assimilated into American society from the beginning. They need to pay their fair share to more than just the local communities surrounding their billion dollar casinos...
                      True but... I don't know if I like the statement "When are people in this country going to realize that the Indian Nations were defeated, and should have been assimilated into American society from the beginning." Kinda reminds me of the Borg "Resistance is futile... You Will be assimilated" But in any event it's true, the Indians do live in America and as such should pay all the same taxes every other American has to pay. I'm sorry their land was taken from them, but I didn't do it. These polytrickians who believe American Indians should not have to pay taxes should also believe in Reparation for African Americans, after all they suffered just as badly (or more so) than Indians... and you don't hear too many of them (the polyticians) crying in favor of Reparation.

                      It's time for everyone who lives here to pay their fair share! I know it's hard (maybe impossible), but we gotta forget the past and get on with the business of making this country (and this world) a better place to live in today and in the future for our children! I for one know I don't want my kids growing up in this world the way it is now...

                      Capt. Jim
                      www.JeepRocks.com and www.Jeep4x4.US

                      2003 TJ, 3" SL w/Nitro Shocks, P.A. 1" BL, M.O.R.E. 1" MML, JKS Quicker Discos, JKS Track bar, Firestone Destination MT 33"x12.5" meats on Tech1 15x8 Rock Crawler Streetlocks, K&N F.I.P.K., PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer, Hi-Lift Jack, Hidden Hitches Hitch, Manik grill & brush guard,Pioneer/ JLAudio /MBQuart sound system and more coming...

                      "One Love, One Destiny. One Earth, One Chance! Symbiosis"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Good point...

                        Originally posted by Captain Jim
                        I'm sorry their land was taken from them, but I didn't do it.
                        Two words: Manifest Destiny.

                        These polytrickians who believe American Indians should not have to pay taxes should also believe in Reparation for African Americans, after all they suffered just as badly (or more so) than Indians... and you don't hear too many of them (the polyticians) crying in favor of Reparation.
                        Hmmm...then maybe the Egyptians, the Palistinians, the Germans and the hundreds of other societies of the world that have wronged the Jews since the dawn of recorded time should have to make reparations as well.

                        It's time for everyone who lives here to pay their fair share! I know it's hard (maybe impossible), but we gotta forget the past and get on with the business of making this country (and this world) a better place to live in today and in the future for our children! I for one know I don't want my kids growing up in this world the way it is now...

                        Capt. Jim
                        This much I agree with...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So what happened with X??
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Good point...

                            Originally posted by Captain Jim
                            True but... I don't know if I like the statement "When are people in this country going to realize that the Indian Nations were defeated, and should have been assimilated into American society from the beginning." Kinda reminds me of the Borg "Resistance is futile... You Will be assimilated" But in any event it's true, the Indians do live in America and as such should pay all the same taxes every other American has to pay. I'm sorry their land was taken from them, but I didn't do it. These polytrickians who believe American Indians should not have to pay taxes should also believe in Reparation for African Americans, after all they suffered just as badly (or more so) than Indians... and you don't hear too many of them (the polyticians) crying in favor of Reparation.

                            It's time for everyone who lives here to pay their fair share! I know it's hard (maybe impossible), but we gotta forget the past and get on with the business of making this country (and this world) a better place to live in today and in the future for our children! I for one know I don't want my kids growing up in this world the way it is now...

                            Capt. Jim
                            well said Jim. I agree.
                            myJeeprocks.com

                            "in the end... the rocks always win."

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X