Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Worth...

So, since I need to move up in size and security I need to sell the Jeep.

My question is this, i have a '99 TJ Sport, AT w/ 37k on it and a D44 w/ Discs

It has about 10k in mods including F&R ARBs, gears, 35 MTRs, etc etc

Is $14k a good price?

Would I be better to drop it to 33s and put a OME lift on it for sellability?

Thanks

Justin
    -Justin Myers-
    I can't make my mind up
    Will I ever settle?
    What kind of rig do I want?

I say leave it as is. It's well set up for wheeling here in Cali. It's only a matter of time before you find someone wanting to upgrade to a TJ from say a CJ or a YJ (or dare i mention a non-jeep). no offense meant to current owners of those other vehicles.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I say leave it as is. It's well set up for wheeling here in Cali. It's only a matter of time before you find someone wanting to upgrade to a TJ from say a CJ or a YJ

Upgrade???

Comment

Yea, brian is talking about the cushy suspension on the TJ's.To him, thats a big upgrade.

Comment

Regardless of how well the rig is built for wheeling, it's very rare indeed to get what you've spent on wheeling upgrades back on a vehicle sale. List it for what you want to get out of it. After all, like P.T. Barnum once said, "There's a sucker born every minute"...

Comment

Mods unfortunately don't add to the value.
            1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Private Party Value $10,905
              Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party

THIS IS KELLEY BLUE BOOK PRICE. OF COURSE THERE IS NO OPtion to enter for lockers and the like... but this is a before mod value for your jeep
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                Mods unfortunately don't add to the value.
                Right-o. I've actually seen mods depreciate the value of a rig.
                Erik

I fix things.

Comment

If the minimum price you want to get out of the vehicle is say 9k, then start it there with no reserve.Then set your "buy it now" for 14k or somthing like that.
                  Hope you get what you want from it.

Comment

Working...
                  X