Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liver and onions...

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
    Just had to mix this quote in. I was thinking of threads like this when I read this post.
    :hijack::gun::hijack::censor::hijack::gun::hijack:

It's not your dinner table.
    Best, Max7
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Max7 View Post
      :hijack::gun::hijack::censor::hijack::gun::hijack:

It's not your dinner table.
      Best, Max7

Really :dunno: So who's dinner table is it?
      Last edited by Schmo; 02-25-09, 12:20 AM.
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Monkey Chatter

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
        Really :dunno: So who's dinner table is it?
        Here, let me try to explain it. It really does not matter whose dinner table it is. I have always been advised not to talk about politics or religion as a guest at the dinner table. This Forum is the NOT the dinner table.

WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS POLITICAL CONTENT. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT SIMPLY GO TO A DIFFERENT THREAD. IF YOU ARE VIEWING A THREAD I HAVE STARTED, HAVE THE DECENCY TO STAY SOMEWHAT ON TOPIC.

Neither Joe Schmo or OI812 have commented on the content of my thread therefore you are both off topic.
        I don't care to talk about whether you like politics or not, on my thread. If you like that subject, by all means why don't you start your own thread and get off mine.

I am exercising my right to free speech(I know MJR supports that), you are entitled to that right as well, I am kindly asking you to be respectful of my thread's content.
        Best, Max7
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
          Just had to mix this quote in. I was thinking of threads like this when I read this post.
          I don't think he meant politics like that. Usually politics in a club-sense doesn't refer to elected representatives in our government, but more of the social inter-workings of the club.

Face it, human beings are political. Everything we do is political. There are still a bunch of people in this world who want to believe that everything is awesome here in America, and they want to push our political government issues under a rug. (This may or may not relate to you.)

The simple fact is that if we don't start talking about these issues, this country is going to continue being exactly what we're giving back - nothing! How can your government represent you if you're not participating? How can you get what you want by being apathetic?

Don't be scared to talk about politics, please! Your country needs you to!

It's like I told Kurt on Saturday - if you don't tell me what you want here on MJR, how am I or the other admins supposed to know?
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
            I don't think he meant politics like that. Usually politics in a club-sense doesn't refer to elected representatives in our government, but more of the social inter-workings of the club.

Face it, human beings are political. Everything we do is political. There are still a bunch of people in this world who want to believe that everything is awesome here in America, and they want to push our political government issues under a rug. (This may or may not relate to you.)

The simple fact is that if we don't start talking about these issues, this country is going to continue being exactly what we're giving back - nothing! How can your government represent you if you're not participating? How can you get what you want by being apathetic?

Don't be scared to talk about politics, please! Your country needs you to!

It's like I told Kurt on Saturday - if you don't tell me what you want here on MJR, how am I or the other admins supposed to know?
            Why would club politics have anything to do with a Che Guevara thread? I think 0U812 would have clarified by now?

I agree 100% with everything else you said.
            Best, Max7

Comment

Why would club politics have anything to do with a Che Guevara thread? I think 0U812 would have clarified by now?

I agree 100% with everything else you said.
              Best, Max7
              It doesn't, I guess that was my point. I think he got club politics and American politics mixed up. I may be wrong, but that was my observation.
              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                It doesn't, I guess that was my point. I think he got club politics and American politics mixed up. I may be wrong, but that was my observation.
                Yep, Copy that.
                Best, Max7

Comment

just got the chance to watch the video, good stuff Max, But it would not surprise me to find out Hollywood knows exactly what type of character they are supporting. They are holding up an Alpha Dog, they want to be all 'Ayn Rand' without realizing that her protagonist despised any form of support, save his own. People want to look to leadership without submitting to that leadership and are easily swept up in a media frenzy to support the charismatic fool at the podium. This time around it has not been lost on us that the image of Che was hanging on the wall in more than one of those Democratic party offices.

Unfortunately for us that abide the law, it seems that the next step for the Che crowd is to disarm the general public. I had no fantasy about the economy slowing down the anti-gun crowd and it seems it has not.
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                    just got the chance to watch the video, good stuff Max, But it would not surprise me to find out Hollywood knows exactly what type of character they are supporting. They are holding up an Alpha Dog, they want to be all 'Ayn Rand' without realizing that her protagonist despised any form of support, save his own. People want to look to leadership without submitting to that leadership and are easily swept up in a media frenzy to support the charismatic fool at the podium. This time around it has not been lost on us that the image of Che was hanging on the wall in more than one of those Democratic party offices.

Unfortunately for us that abide the law, it seems that the next step for the Che crowd is to disarm the general public. I had no fantasy about the economy slowing down the anti-gun crowd and it seems it has not.
                    Agreed on the Hollywood crowd although it's not every one, we've got a few. Funny Nicole was just talking about Ayn Rand...

I will be flying to Washington D.C tonight to attend the 2009 Conservative Political Action Conference. In addition to three days of guest speakers I am enrolled in six training workshops. I hope to be able to prevent some "Change" with my new found knowledge. I'm just one dude with liberty and a voice.
                    Best, Max7

Comment

My apologies, my comment was off topic. Frankly I don't know enough about Che Guevara, aside from what I watched in this video, to make a useful comment. Somehow I thought that the stay on topic rules didn't apply here in the Off-Topic threads. So I checked, and I was wrong. It wont happen again.
                      /Scott
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Here, let me try to explain it. It really does not matter whose dinner table it is. I have always been advised not to talk about politics or religion as a guest at the dinner table. This Forum is the NOT the dinner table.

WARNING: THIS THREAD CONTAINS POLITICAL CONTENT. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE IT SIMPLY GO TO A DIFFERENT THREAD. IF YOU ARE VIEWING A THREAD I HAVE STARTED, HAVE THE DECENCY TO STAY SOMEWHAT ON TOPIC.

Neither Joe Schmo or OI812 have commented on the content of my thread therefore you are both off topic.
                        I don't care to talk about whether you like politics or not, on my thread. If you like that subject, by all means why don't you start your own thread and get off mine.

I am exercising my right to free speech(I know MJR supports that), you are entitled to that right as well, I am kindly asking you to be respectful of my thread's content.
                        Best, Max7

Hey, settle down Sparky!!! How exactly is my comparison of Malcolm X attire to Che Guevara attire off topic? And if that was off topic, how was that comment any different from the comparison to VonDutch? . . . if anything, my comparison was more applicable. If you are referring to my second post, my appologies for not understanding or properly intrepreting your "it's not your dinner table" comment. Do you really expect everyone to understand vague comments like this when no explanation or elaboration other than hostile smilies are provided? I totally support you excercising your right to free speech, but what's up with the attitude here? How about showing decency and respect while you are asking for the same? I'm not sure I understand the "ownership" aspect of a thread that's posted up on a internet forum . . . in the words of Jeff Spicoli "if I'm here and you're here . . . doesn't that make it our time(thread)?" But look I'm just sayin' . . . especially if you are focused on "outreach program(s) to win hearts and minds" and being a conservative voice, you might want to consider how you address your audience . . . yelling at them with the use of all caps and talking down to them with phrases like "if you can't handle it" or "have the decency to", is a sure way to be heard but not listened to. Often times the delivery is as key as the message. You know that . . . oh sorry, "your" other thread . . . the one that turned into a discussion on beer brands . . . another good example. Perhaps one of the training sessions at the CPAC will cover how to make your point without alienating others.

You could have just as easily responded with something like this:
                        Here, let me clarify. It really does not matter whose dinner table it is. I have always been advised not to talk about politics or religion as a guest at the dinner table. But this Forum is not the dinner table. If you don't like discussing politics, that's your perogative, there's lot's of other stuff here on MJR that you can spend your time checking out And if you really felt it needed saying, you could have even thrown in a "Let's try and keep this on topic".
                        Last edited by Schmo; 02-25-09, 09:20 PM.
                        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Max, great video, thanks for sharing. I wish they would teach this stuff in school.

Maybe a little more tact next time would avoid all the negativity in this thread, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                            Hey, settle down Sparky!!! How exactly is my comparison of Malcolm X attire to Che Guevara attire off topic? And if that was off topic, how was that comment any different from the comparison to VonDutch? . . . if anything, my comparison was more applicable. If you are referring to my second post, my appologies for not understanding or properly intrepreting your "it's not your dinner table" comment. Do you really expect everyone to understand vague comments like this when no explanation or elaboration other than hostile smilies are provided? I totally support you excercising your right to free speech, but what's up with the attitude here? How about showing decency and respect while you are asking for the same? I'm not sure I understand the "ownership" aspect of a thread that's posted up on a internet forum . . . in the words of Jeff Spicoli "if I'm here and you're here . . . doesn't that make it our time(thread)?" But look I'm just sayin' . . . especially if you are focused on "outreach program(s) to win hearts and minds" and being a conservative voice, you might want to consider how you address your audience . . . yelling at them with the use of all caps and talking down to them with phrases like "if you can't handle it" or "have the decency to", is a sure way to be heard but not listened to. Often times the delivery is as key as the message. You know that . . . oh sorry, "your" other thread . . . the one that turned into a discussion on beer brands . . . another good example. Perhaps one of the training sessions at the CPAC will cover how to make your point without alienating others.

You could have just as easily responded with something like this:
                            Here, let me clarify. It really does not matter whose dinner table it is. I have always been advised not to talk about politics or religion as a guest at the dinner table. But this Forum is not the dinner table. If you don't like discussing politics, that's your perogative, there's lot's of other stuff here on MJR that you can spend your time checking out And if you really felt it needed saying, you could have even thrown in a "Let's try and keep this on topic".
                            I will consider your notes.
                            Best, Max7

Comment

Originally posted by bruce p View Post
                              Max, great video, thanks for sharing. I wish they would teach this stuff in school.

Maybe a little more tact next time would avoid all the negativity in this thread, though.
                              I will consider your note as well
                              Bruce.
                              Best, Max7

Comment

http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/b...9389&gt1=32001
                                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X