Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats Gun Control

Shotgun preteen vs. illegal alien Home Invaders: Butte , Montana November 5, 2007

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home. It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.

Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun. Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his a abdomen and genitals.

When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.

It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news.......an 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home and herself......against two murderous, illegal immigrants......and she wins, she is still alive. Now that is Gun Control!

Thought for the day: Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

I like this kind of e-mail ... American citizens defending themselves and their homes.

"Gun Control" is how accurate you hit your target! "Gun Control" is how steady your hand and weapon are!
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

I'm so sad:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Party pooper....
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
        Bummer Thanks for keeping me honest.
        Dennis
        Dennis and Tammy
        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

It might not be a real story, but it's a reminder of how important self-protection is in your own home, especially. Mat the snopes link is cool even though it shows a FAIL because it does tell two true stories! Thanks to both of ya's for the links, info, and inspiration.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
            It might not be a real story, but it's a reminder of how important self-protection is in your own home, especially. Mat the snopes link is cool even though it shows a FAIL because it does tell two true stories! Thanks to both of ya's for the links, info, and inspiration.
            Yup... I was HOPING it to be true... but the other true stories listed were cool too. I've been getting closer and closer to buying some sort of gun... too many choices, not enough $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
              Yup... I was HOPING it to be true... but the other true stories listed were cool too. I've been getting closer and closer to buying some sort of gun... too many choices, not enough $$$.
              [COLOR="red"]Materdaddy,

You don't need to buy an expensive gun for home protection. Just about any good 12 ga pump shotgun with 00 buck shot is great for home protection.

You can start looking in pawn shops etc. and get an idea of how much you should save up for.

In a panic situation, all you have to do is point a shotgun in the general direction of the threat and you will at least nuteralize the threat. Also, the shot won't go through your walls an into your next door neighbor's house.

If and when you buy one, bring it out here and I'd be glad to take you out shooting and help you with it. Your wife also, for when you are not at home...[/COLOR]
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                [COLOR="red"]Materdaddy,

You don't need to buy an expensive gun for home protection. Just about any good 12 ga pump shotgun with 00 buck shot is great for home protection.

You can start looking in pawn shops etc. and get an idea of how much you should save up for.

In a panic situation, all you have to do is point a shotgun in the general direction of the threat and you will at least nuteralize the threat. Also, the shot won't go through your walls an into your next door neighbor's house.

If and when you buy one, bring it out here and I'd be glad to take you out shooting and help you with it. Your wife also, for when you are not at home...[/COLOR]
                Roger,

I really appreciate that. We recently went shooting with a friend, which brought up the thoughts again. I think I'll start figuring out how much $$$ to put away soon and talk with the wifey.

Comment

I'm all for starting a fund for anyone on MJR that wants a gun but doesn't have the scratch. Lemme know where to send the first $20-
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    [COLOR="red"]Materdaddy,

Roger, have you ever fired a legal barelled 12ga loaded with 00 in a typical "drywall" type room? My guess is no - as both the "point a shotgun in the general direction of the threat and you will at least nuteralize the threat" and "the shot won't go through your walls an into your next door neighbor's house" are incorrect.

The pattern is a LOT smaller than you're expecting, and 00 goes a lot farther.....
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY
                    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Jeff, I agree that 00 buck will go through drywall, but not likey to go through the stucco on the other side of the wall or the stucco of your neighbors home. Too much energy will be lost.

I was comparing the likelyhood of shooting someone with a pistol where you have to right on target to get a kill. Even a shotgun with a tight pattern will hit the target if you are reasonably close in your aim.

In a panic situation where the defender may not be a gun fanatic and go shooting every weekend, I say a shotgun is the best choice for home defense. That's my opinion.

One last thing, an 18" barrel would be the best choice for a shotgun.
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Roger,

You really owe it to yourself to find the opportunity to actually "deploy" OO buck in a typical house situation - from experience, I can tell you that it will go through a lot more than you're thinking. And you're going to need to be a lot better than "reasonably" close in your aim (again - from experience - there's a lot more air than bad guy at the other side of the room)

Shotguns aren't bad "point defense" weapons - but only if you're going to stay in one place and not move around the house. Without a LOT of formal training - walking around your house in a defensive situation with any form of long gun (even a 18" bbl shotgun) is a great way to learn how easy it is for the BG to relieve you of your weapon.

ANYONE that's going to have a loaded weapon in their house should have the social responsibility to learn to use it properly. You don't need to be a gun fanatic - or even shoot every weekend - but you should have many, many rounds through any weapon before you trust your life (or the lives of those you're hoping to protect) with it. How many rounds (and how they're practiced with) depends on a lot of things.
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY

Comment

The best reason to have a home defense shotgun is the report that it makes when chambering a round. Everyone knows that. You don't need to tell the invader to vacate the premis, you just gotta rack that slide.

I agree on the training and such but that is around the point of defense as well. Home defense is about staying alive untill the perp leaves or gets dead, nobody should be stalking around the house looking for the perp when you can sequester yourself in your safe haven and wait for the perp to come to you. Assuming the perp is allready in the house when you realize you need to take action... if you blow a hole in the front door while he's trying to get in, your goin' to jail for a long time.
                          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Assuming I was using a shotgun, why would I telegraph my position by racking the slide? Great way to let the bad guy know just where to shoot Works great in the movies, but if you've ever attended any long gun tactical training - "not recommended"

If you have _really_ good hearing, you might catch the sound of the safety on the 1911 dropping. It will be followed by (2) rather loud booming noises
                            Jeff
                            OHV76V
                            KG6TY

Comment

Scaring an intruder sounds like a good idea. But if that intruder is armed he could be shooting back while you are trying to intimidate him. If someone breaks into my home in the middle of the night I am going to grab my gun and someone is going to die, hopefully before they even relies I am home. No warning shots no Freeze put your hands up. The only one telling the story when the police arrive will be me. Shot guns are ideal for home protection and the size not much of an issue. The average gunfight lasts for as long as 10 or 15 seconds, you will not be diving rolling like in the movies.
                              Those left standing
                              Will make millions
                              Writing books on ways
                              It should have been
                              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                              X