Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's also taken years for the country to have gotten the way it is, so we need to be as patient as they have been, and continue to educate people on the issues and the REAL news of today.

The public is becoming less apathetic every moment of every day. People are saving, storing, going organic and moving away from mass-produced and modified foods. If you don't believe it, start talking to people, and you may be surprised! I could bore you with examples, but the best way to see it is through your own eyes, I think.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

one of the biggest ways I see, and it encourages me a lot, is that people are saving again, instead of spending everything. That shows that they are using their heads to put money back and prepare for the future. That proves they are concerned. I also believe that Obama has something positive with tax breaks for small businesses. Small business have shown more job growth than any segment of the economy lately, it seems that big business has been consistently showing job shrinkage. So maybe he is on to something, tax breaks to those who create jobs, not those who outsource them. More thinking like that could cause change. And change is what we really need.

I think the biggest role the 3rd party(s) can do is shake up the 2 party system into changing. I mean I do not think that we will ever have a level playing field for those who think like we do. But our biggest threat is that we will educate the masses and change will come so that we do not get them out of office. Personally I think most of the 2 party politicians are failures looking for a job.I also feel the average party member is so brainwashed he has no idea what an issue is. But I feel if they have any intelligence at all they will see the numbers rising in the 3rd party section and take a look at what the public really wants and needs.
      Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

HA! Blackzzr, you crack me up! you actually think politicians make their money with the paychecks they get?! now that is funny!

Let's take away the paychecks and see how special interest really likes to be in control!

I don't know about anyone else, but after what the Teachers union, Peta, and others have done here in California I wonder what the paychecks we give those politicians really amounts to...
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
          ...People are saving, storing, going organic and moving away from mass-produced and modified foods...
          Organic foods? Sarah, you're not one of them, are you?

You're talking about
          ...the same people that want to save us from "global warming"
          ...the same people that donate to the Sierra Club
          ...the same people that are fighting to close public lands (ok, that one might be a stretch)

I'm trying to figure out why you'd like organic food. You did mention "moving away from mass-produced" food, but did you know:
          * California alone produces over $600 million in organic produce
          * Most California organic produce comes from just five farms, who are also the same producers of most non-organic food in the state
          * 70 percent of all organic milk is controlled by just one major milk producer
          source (I'm trying to find better links)

It can't be because of it's healthy "natural" fertalizers...could it?

One thing is for sure, food production will remain the same with Obama's cabinet nomination for USDA secretary Tom Vilsack

Oh, by the way, our good friends at the Sierra Club say you should eat food that doesn't use petroleum-based fertilizers because the nitrogen needed for plant stimulation harms the environment. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not against doing the right thing, just because the Sierra Club promotes it, but c'mon...

Please don't tell me you buy Sea Salt?
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Ya, that's why I'm starting an heirloom (non GMO) garden and we just joined the food co-op...

And just because you want to eat better food (meaning, minus the high fructose corn syrup, fortified wheat, ingredients derived from chemicals, food secretly packed in china) doesn't mean you support the Sierra Club or believe in global warming.

Sorry I don't have any links for you, but you probably wouldn't care about them anyways P.S. I found one, but haven't read it yet. http://www.relfe.com/GMOs.html
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
              Ya, that's why I'm starting an heirloom (non GMO) garden and we just joined the food co-op...

And just because you want to eat better food (meaning, minus the high fructose corn syrup, fortified wheat, ingredients derived from chemicals, food secretly packed in china) doesn't mean you support the Sierra Club or believe in global warming.

Sorry I don't have any links for you, but you probably wouldn't care about them anyways P.S. I found one, but haven't read it yet. http://www.relfe.com/GMOs.html
              That's why I was asking... making sure you hadn't strayed on us... I'll be doing a lot of reading on gardening myself as I plan on using some of my large back yard for that purpose...
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                HA! Blackzzr, you crack me up! you actually think politicians make their money with the paychecks they get?! now that is funny!

Let's take away the paychecks and see how special interest really likes to be in control!

I don't know about anyone else, but after what the Teachers union, Peta, and others have done here in California I wonder what the paychecks we give those politicians really amounts to...
                Under the current system they do notmake money that way. but with a few laws like term limits, and stuff, yes they would.
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

i agree with the organic food. i work for a agriculture company and we work with some pretty deadly chemicals. http://www.labour.gov.sk.ca/Default....d-c5d87e23e546
                  anhydrous ammonia is some very unforgiving stuff, and thast one of many chemicals.
                  :devil: Giffer

Comment

Working...
                  X