Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax time sucks

So here it is, 4:47am, and I finally got my federal taxes done. Somehow I managed to not have to pay any extra this year (honestly surprized about that). Now to do the state crap......

BTW, there is no real point to this thread. I'm just distracting myself so maybe I'll forget about the state forms for the day...

How is everyone else fairing this year?
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

tax time is awesome

its all year long, at every paycheck that sucks for me!

Unfortunately my refund is all accounted for this year...I may be able to squeeze in a mod or two... I never received the control arm bushings from Rancho, after THEY called me and offered them to me, then promised to send them. I think I need new control arms, as a minimum.

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

i like tax time too i pay all year, and claim zero.. when tax time comes in i claim 5, and get a refund ;
      of course, this year i think the money will be to live rather than for fun... with this damn strike into its 4th month
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Tax times gonna be very nice this year. We've finally had our condo long enough to claim the interest. It should reduce our taxable income by almost 20k. Considering my taxable income this year was only 19k (I don't get taxed on housing allowance-1300 a month or food allowance-250 a month). That's really good news.
        I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
        1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

mmm...procrastination!!
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I usually get a decent return (claim 0), but this year I had to sell some stock (tax deferred) to get into the house. So I had 10K of untaxed income....that pretty much ate my refund this year. The good news is that I don't have to pay any extra, which free's up some $$$ I was saving to pay taxes. So I will still get to do one mod to the heep.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

My 2 kids always saved me during tax season without them i'd be in the hole bigtime.

I haven't done mine yet this year, but nothing much has changed from last year and i got a pretty decent return last year.

I'm using a portion of my refund for a rear swing-away tire carrier, the rest goes to the bank.
              [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
              AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
              15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
              33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
              FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
              Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
              RE Hand Throttle
              Optima Red Top
              K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Let's see:

Filing in two states because I have a business in another state. The business is a money loser so I get to write it off.

Lots of charity contributions. Write off.

Lots of medical...thank you to my exboyfriend. Write off.

I am looking at what else I can write off.

Inherited more money (that's why I could payoff the Jeep) and I think there are going to be tax issues.

I am hoping I can write off my Turbo Tax because it's going to cost me $150 in software (Fed, CA and KS).

I have resigned myself that I will have to pay this year.

Now if my bosses would just get their happy fannies in gear and get me my W2...

Comment

Tax time is good to us this year! We have two kids also and that's a plus!! We are getting a nice return. So with it comes a few mods done to Marvin including a 4in Lift, gearing, and 33s, Kilby on board air!!

Tom will also build an Italian Racing Bike (bicycle). And the rest, will hopefully put some Italian Cypress' in our front yard. We'll see!!
                  1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                  Glad to be back in California!

Comment

i'm going to rick's to gank his turbo tax!!
                    Last edited by sarah; 02-01-04, 01:56 AM.
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Kids, what are kids? Mine are both over 21 and ive on their own. No help for me.
                      1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn
                        Kids, what are kids? Mine are both over 21 and ive on their own. No help for me.
                        Our oldest is only 12, so we got a ways to go before she flies the coop!! Then Sean is only 2. Sometimes, I would like to ask the question myself, "Kids, what are kids?" Oh Well !!

BTW, Turbo Tax (in my opinion) sucks!!!! It screwed up our computer!
                        1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                        Glad to be back in California!

Comment

As much of our paychecks as the Jeeps eat....the government should give us a write off...they give you one if you buy one of those rolling toasters (my neighbor's description; not mine)...the H2.

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                            i'm going to rick's to gank his turbo tax!!
                            What do you need Turbo Tax for? 1040EZ and five minutes.

Comment

you miss out on a lot of good deductions with the 10-40 ez form. if you are buying a house, or can write off your miles... it really pays off to pay the extra money for a pro to do the taxes. they know all the loop holes, and minor deductions... all that stuff adds up
                              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                              X